Gastric Bypass after Lapband?

SuzieQ11
on 6/4/13 3:07 am - Whitby, Canada

Does anyone have any experience with having RNY surgery after having had lapband? I had the lapband done in 2006, but had a lot of complications and now my doctor has referred me for RNY. Just wondering if this complicates the process or not - I still have the nasty little thing in me.

Referral: May 25th, 2013 / Orientation: June 17th. / Dr. Glazer: Sept. 3./ RN/RD/SW: Sept 5./ Follow up SW October 4 / 2nd appt with Dr. Klein: Oct 30 / Surgery date: Jan 15

kristaeb
on 6/4/13 3:28 am

Hello, i had a VBG done in the 90s and i am having my revision to a RNY on June 27.. I have talked to few here that have had the lapband previously. Good luck Krista...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Hanneli xoxo
on 6/4/13 4:18 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

My friend Lynn just had it done last month! The surgeon even removed her lapband.. maybe she will pipe in here with her opinion :)

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/13 4:22 am

I was recently revised to RNY from lap-band in April.  The only extra thing I had to do compared to others that went through my centre is I had to have a scope done by him to see for himself what was going on inside of me.  He wanted to make sure there was no slippage or erosion.  It delayed things by a few months but overall it was safer to have the scope and know for sure he could proceed.

Most Active
Recent Topics