Pretty sure i'm a little nuts...

SherriB81
on 6/13/13 1:23 pm - ottawa, Canada

My journey to all of this officially starts on Monday at 2:15 pm when I get my referral done from my family doctor and I'm already getting nervous, excited, and trying to take in as much info from you all as I can in such a short amount of time. Is this completely insane , or will I drive myself there? I know there's quite a bit of time in between, and it hasn't even been that long since I've made up my mind about wanting this, but man oh man, it's unreal the feelings going on already.

Darksyde
on 6/13/13 2:10 pm
Hey, Sherri.
It's a good thing to be excited and motivated for the upcoming journey. But stay calm, as it IS a journey. Some things will happen fast, others will seemingly take forever to get there. Be strong. Be patient. Believe in yourself, and hold fast to the dream of what's to come. I know how you're feeling. I have my last Pre-surgeon appointment coming up next Wednesday, and it seems to be dragging on forever. But it will come. And then the team meeting will happen. Then the surgeon, then the Optifast (shudder), and then the surgery. It's even more than likely that I will not have the surgery before November. And that's ok. Because eventually it will all just be a dot in the rear-view mirror of this journey.

Good luck!

Orientation - 05/04/13  Social Worker - 08/04/13  Nurse Practitioner - 07/05/13  Nutrition Class - 13/05/13  Psych Assessment - 04/06/19  Nutritionist - 19/06/13  Dr. Urbach - 19/07/13  PATTS - 02/08/13  SURGERY AT TWH - 13/08/13  HW-393 Opti Start-386  SW-347

SherriB81
on 6/13/13 2:16 pm - ottawa, Canada

Thanks for that. One of the biggest things that all this research and OH has helped me see is the true journey aspect of it. The appointments necessary and all the prep (diet, mental, everything) that goes into this. And trust me, I'm taking mental notes (and I'm sure I'll be back with a pen and paper in a few months) on all the tricks to helping improve the taste of the OptiFast hehe.  My family doctor is truly amazing and compassionate and loves to create a sense of urgency with appointments and referrals, but she's realistic and makes sure to instill that on her patients,too. I'm sure I'm in good hands with everyone here in Ottawa and equipped with a wealth of knowlege here at OH 

JJ_
on 6/13/13 2:28 pm

Congrats.  It is important to be excited.  However, patience is the watchword.  I had spent my time on OH copying information that I knew would be important to different Word documents (what to do if you have anemia, constipation, what to bring to the hospital, etc.)  Spend your time learning and it helps pass the time.

All the best in your journey.

Judy (Ottawa)

Gabygee
on 6/13/13 11:03 pm - Canada

Welcome Sherri

DarkSyde is right - patience is good right now, but the time will just fly by.

Don't be afraid to post all your hope and fears - we've all been there and felt those things too.

I am not ashamed to admit that the OH Ontario Forum was my lifeline (well that and my friend Wendy) during my journey - without all of you guys I wouldn't have excelled the way I did!

Most Active
Recent Topics