Question for the other benchwarmers

PBJelly
on 9/26/13 3:56 am

We are in the same boat - so the other day I bought from Costco Premier Protein Shake - Chocolate flavour and it's is frigging good!!! It went down very smooth AND it contains 30g of protein, 1 gram of sugar and 4 grams of carbs and 160 calories for the entire container. For $26.00 you get 18 containers - it's in the pharmacy section if you are interested. 

Charlene Straus
on 9/26/13 9:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

I have Premier Vanilla. I cannot have the chocolate, as it is made with cocoa and I'm allergic to caffeine. I also have the unflavored. I put it in my hot cereal or soup and it cakes up and makes me gag. I tried putting it in some broth and I thought I was going to hurl. I went to shoppers and picked up body logix protein H2O. It is tolerable and has 0 calories and 10 grams of protein. I will definitely drink these. They're tolerable. As for the Premier Protein Bars, from Costco, again, 2/3rds of them are chocolate so doesn't do me any good. I'd suck the juice out of a chicken (oh don't let your minds go there..I said chicken) if I knew I could get enough protein that way. Is there a protein shot....I'd bare my butt for that....if it meant I didn't have to deal with this protein powder stuff. ugggghhhhhhh blahhhhhhhhhhhhh

PBJelly
on 9/27/13 5:07 pm
Why wouldn't you just drink the vanilla premier shake as is with out adding it to your food. I container is 30 g of protein! Ther is no food ounce that is going to give u that much protein.
burg_vs
on 9/26/13 10:53 am

I'm one week out and I'm totally with you!  I'm so sick of protein shakes.  I need something else to get my protein.  It takes me at least two to three hours to get thru one shake.  

Onward and
Downward

on 9/27/13 9:34 am, edited 9/27/13 9:35 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I hated the plain powder too, but I could tolerate it more than the powdered shakes!  I finally just depended on the Premier Protein shakes and that did me fine.  The powder is barfworthy, I agree.  Hopefully you can stand the vanilla PP shakes without getting too sick of them.  I'm finding that I really like them.

But the milk thing - that's a total drag.  I was able to drink milk, so that was very helpful during the first couple of weeks.  You'll be on purees soon!

One way to have the powder which isn't so awful is in SF jello pudding.  I found that really helped.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics