vitamins, help im traveling

Marevic
on 9/26/13 5:26 am - Canada

i need some suggestions with my calcium/vit D vitamins.

Currently i take liquid Calcium however it must be refrigerated. I am going away for a few days and I will be mostly on the road.

do any of you have any suggestions on pill form that I can take? If i have to I will take both calcium and Vitamin D separate.

Delicious_Delilah
on 9/26/13 6:58 am - Ottawa, Canada

Citrical (2 pills, twice a day).  It has Vitamin D, but according to my Centre, I have to take an extra dose of Vitamin D every day (1000 UI) in addition to what's in the Citrical.  They are big pills so you can either take them whole (i have no problems with that) or split them with a pill splitter.  You can also try the Citrical Petites (though you would have to check the dosage on those...can't remember how many you would have to take...think it's three of those three times a day).  But I find these harder to find, whereas I can always find the Citricals (Shoppers, Loblaws, etc.).

Wannabethinner
on 9/26/13 1:42 pm

I found chewable calcium citrate at the hospital where I plan to have DS surgery.  I take liquid where I'm at home, but use the chewables when we go to our trailer for the weekend.

Question for you:  The surgeon told me that I will have to take only one more vitamin for this surgery besides the prenatal, calcium, Vitamin D and iron that I've already started.  I've heard from another source that I will have to take 31!  Who is right?  I'm not the best pill swallower and I haven't even had the surgery yet.  Thanks.

Monica M.
on 9/26/13 10:35 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

do you mean 31, or 3?

b12 isnt on your list. it's not taken orally , tho, its either an injection monthly, or a thingie that goes under your tongue, kind of like those listerine things.

Tammy B.
on 9/27/13 12:39 am - Canada

I take my b12 orally....got the gummy flavors...will be on my list of questions for my next appt if this isnt right...im currently taking...iron, multivitamen, b12 and calcium.

Most Active
Recent Topics