hunger pains??

ChrisC74
on 11/11/13 12:26 pm - Sault Ste Marie, Canada
ive been having what i think are extreme hunger pains. ive recently started working nights and have noticed during my shifts a pain that comes every so often right about where pablo is, my pouchs name, as soon as i have something to eat the pain goes away. its a pain, a pit feeling, anyone experience similar, thanx for your replies in advance

REF: Sept 2011, Orientation TWH: Nov 23,2011 Nurse: Jan 26 2012
SW: Feb 2 2012  Nutritionist/Nut Class/Psych April 17,2012

Meet Surgeon: July 27/2012  Pre-Admit September 28, 2012 Surgery: October 15, 2012        
KristieA
on 11/11/13 12:45 pm - Orillia, Canada
Sounds like Pablo isn't too happy. How far out are you from surgery? At a certain point your nerves heal and you could be having hunger issues. I had this off and on for a while. Food helped, but then it stopped taking the pain away. Went back on Prevacid for a few days and it went away completely. If it is recurring and often you may want to check with the clinic. It could be the start of an ulcer or maybe something else.

When in doubt, check it out.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

sublimechick
on 11/12/13 12:26 am - Canada

I was getting hunger pains a lot 2-3 months post op....then they got REALLY painful once I did not eat for a few hours. Basically it got worse and it turned out that I had an ulcer. The doctor said it was never hunger pains it was only because when I had not eaten for a while the acid built up and was eating away at the ulcer, and tricking me into thinking it was hunger pains.

Not to say you have one.....but something to think about?

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Most Active
Recent Topics