new to all this..need some friends

andrea_ebennett
on 3/30/14 3:07 am - MChigeeng , Canada

Aahnii, my name is Andrea, I am just in the first phases of my life changing surgery.  It would be so nice to talk to people who are struggling like I am right now.

Leafchick17
on 3/30/14 5:01 am
RNY on 04/14/14

Welcome!  You will find many people on these boards at various stages in their journey.  All have great experiences to share and are very helpful, honest and caring.  Good luck to you.  What centre are you going through?  You seem far away?

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

Northernlightsmom
on 3/30/14 7:10 am - Canada

Hi Andrea.....(Manitoulin is beautiful and I miss it every time I have to leave)

Congrats on starting this journey...we have all struggled regardless of what stage of this process we are in. The people here are amazing and you always have support here so don`t be afraid to post any questions or concerns. I think you will be going through the Sudbury centre so  the timeline is a little different than mine but all in all....we have to jump the same hoops lol. Feel free to ask anything or pm me if you like.

So far the only regret I have is not doing this 10 years ago.

Take care, Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Catw
on 3/31/14 2:34 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the board.  You'll find lots of friends here, and we've all been through the stuggles and understand.  We'll support you when you need it, in many forms.

Good luck on your journey,

Cathy

Jiliana2
on 3/31/14 10:02 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Hi Andrea and welcome to the OH forums! I was thrilled to find these forums more than a year ago and I've been lurking, posting, reading, absorbing and enjoying the info here ever since.

This Ontario board is an absolutely wonderful group of folks. Don't be shy and know that people here are just like you and have felt exactly as you feel.

Oh, and a little hint: if you haven't found it, the SEARCH functionality is the little magnifying glass at the top. When I joined, I didn't find that search button very user-friendly and I missed out on a lot of stuff. But now that I know it's there, it's become a very useful little tool!

Let us know what centre you might be going through and I'm sure there are people here who can tell you more about the process. Best wishes as you embark on this incredible journey.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

michellebear
on 4/2/14 2:14 pm - Canada

Hi Andrea My name is Michelle and I live in Huntsville Ontario,I have my Surgery date June 18.2014 and May 21st is the Patt test.I will be having surgery down at Humber River Hospital in Toronto.Im nervous and excited and wish there where support groups up here close by.Im a newbie here and have no friends either but best of luck to us all and I will talk to you anytime :)

Silversue
on 4/3/14 3:19 am - Canada

Hi Andrea, I am from Sudbury and just had my RNY done March 24th at Toronto Western. I am still on the liquid diet till Monday. I am also new to the site. I have met a few people here in Sudbury and actually went out for coffee with a few ladies last night. They gave me good info that no one had told me about. Do you know anyone on the island that had gone thru the surgery?

on 4/3/14 6:46 pm - Canada

Aahnii Andrea I Val and I am from Elliot Lake Ontario.  I too am new.  My surgery is on April 22nd and i am having the RNY.  I am on week 2 of my Optifast diet.  First 3 days were tough but it has gotten better.  Do you have a surgery date yet or have you already had your surgey?  I am very excited but very scared as well but I am ready to do this.  I would be glad to be your friend.  Good luck with your journey Meegwetch  :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics