I woke up sick!

Kimmiekat
on 6/16/14 2:27 am

I woke up this morning with a headache, stuffed sinuses, killer throat.....ugh! My son just got over strep throat, so I'm guessing he "shared" with me! I'm 9 weeks out tomorrow and just went back to work 2 weeks ago......there going love me! Not! Anyway, I'm going to the family doc in a couple of hours and he's not very well versed on RNY patients. Am I ok with all antibiotics now? Can I digest them no problem? I just want to go in their armed with info because I'd like to get well as quickly as possible. I can NOT afford to take any more time off! Also, I know my body is still not 100% immunity wise because of surgery. Can I start loading up on vitamin c? What about oil of oregano? These are things I'd take pre-op, but can I take them now? Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks, Kim 

Catw
on 6/16/14 2:34 am - Arnprior, Canada

You can take any antibiotic now, as long as it's not time release.  Just check the size of the tablet, if it's too big, see if you can double up on half the dose which is usually smaller, or split the pill to take in a smaller piece.  You may not be good with caplets either.  Those you can split and put on yogurt to take (not saying it will taste good, but...).  If you are worried about the tablet or capsul, you can get it in liquid as that's what they give to kids.  You may just have to take more than they do.

Vitimin C should be fine, and I don't see why you couldn't take Oil of Oregano.  If it didn't conflict with meds you took before, it shouldn't now.  You may just have to watch the timing, so it's not too close to something else.

Cathy

Kimmiekat
on 6/16/14 5:44 am

So I just came back from the doctors and he put me on a liquid amoxicillin. (Tastes like banana, yum!) now I'm off to bed again. I need to fight this bug quick, too much time off so far this year! 

Referral~March 5/13 Orientation~Apr 24/13 SW~June 10/13 RN~Aug 7/13 Sleep Clinic~ Aug 16/13 Sleep Dr~ Sept 3/13 Nut Class~Oct 1/13 Dietician/2nd Sleep Clinic~Nov 1/13 Psych~Nov 8/13 2nd Sleep Dr~Dec 3/13 Surgeon~Dec 6/13 Surgery~Apr 15/14

Dreamy74
on 6/17/14 2:47 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Kimmiekat I hope that you feel better very soon!!!  xx

Most Active
Recent Topics