Dr Anvari, St. Joes, Hamilton.

Eireannach_lady
on 8/11/14 8:21 am - Canada
RNY on 12/05/14

Ok, I have not had my surgery yet, but all tests have been/are being sent to Dr Anvari, Bariatric Team, St. Joes, Hamilton.

Just wondering if anyone has had this surgeon and if so, what's your experiences etc?

I'm in London, Ontario.

PaulaToronto
on 8/11/14 8:22 am - Toronto, Canada

He is one of the best.  I had Dr. Hong at the same center as he OKed my VSG.  I would  have no problem using Dr. Anvari.  Hospital care was top notch.  No waiting for drugs, etc.  

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Eireannach_lady
on 8/11/14 8:25 am - Canada
RNY on 12/05/14

Thank you, Paula!

I am all very new to this WLS stuff and just wanted some info on the man. I am not too far from my surgery ( hope ), still going through some tests etc., and digging up any info I can about the surgeon and St. Joes, itself!

Karen M.
on 8/11/14 8:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Anvari is an extremely well respected bariatric surgeon. You are in great hands.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

PaulaToronto
on 8/11/14 8:32 am - Toronto, Canada

If you want only a specific surgeon do your surgery, you can request that but you may have to wait longer.  I only wanted Dr. Hong and waited to get him.  Not a lot longer wait for me.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

CassieM
on 8/11/14 8:30 am - St.Thomas, Canada

I am in St Thomas and all my tests also said Dr Anvari. I was told this is because he is the head of the department. I am actually seeing Dr Hong next week but it still doesn't determine who will actually do the surgery. Are you aware that Hamilton has a Facebook group? Might be worth checking out if you haven't yet. 

CassieM
on 8/11/14 8:31 am - St.Thomas, Canada

Have you already had your first appointments? 

Eireannach_lady
on 8/11/14 9:13 am - Canada
RNY on 12/05/14

Thank, all for the info!

Yes, I've had quite a few tests already and all sent to Dr Anvari's bariatric team. Next, I go see an internist at St. Joes, Hamilton, for my results of an abdominal scan in October.

SulowskiT
on 8/11/14 9:36 am

I had my surgery on June 18th. I expected dr. Gmora but got dr. Anvari. I literally met him on the operating table. Very business oriented, but professional. We chatted for about two minutes, because I didn't know which surgery I was having and he would make the final choice once he got a good look. I didn't see him again, as his interns did the follow up. 

St joes is a very good hospital. The rooms are a bit dated (totally reminds me of old Vic in London) but very clean. The nurses were very nice and attentive. I ended up staying 4 days after my VSG and have been doing great ever since.

my only issue was the distance from London. Sucks to drive so far for a 15 minute appointment with a nutritionist :( but it has to be done!!

good luck!! No regrets here! I am down 55 lbs since starting opti and having surgery. 

Eireannach_lady
on 8/11/14 11:00 am - Canada
RNY on 12/05/14

SulowskiT

Thank you! I am looking forward to the surgery, but mainly a better health.

Most Active
Recent Topics