Peterborough Connections?

charminglearner
on 9/9/14 10:58 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Where are the support meetings being held in Peterborough?  I went to Lansdowne Place this evening, across from H&V, and no one was there.  I hadn't been to a meeting yet, but had read about it in the spring.  My surgery is seven weeks today (RNY), so I am hoping to connect with people.  

I have many questions, like where do I get the liquid vitamins from?  Is there a local store?  Do I need to order on-line?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Monica9811
on 9/9/14 6:48 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Hi there. They generally meet Tuesday nights at 6pm but I did see that they might have switched up the days. There is a group on FB called coffee night. It is the Peterborough group. Join that and then you can ask when and where the next meeting is. If you can't find it look me up. Monica Fowler. I can also answer some of your questions too. 

charminglearner
on 9/9/14 10:41 pm
RNY on 10/27/14

Thank you Monica.  Your advice is much appreciated.

EllenMW
on 9/10/14 9:33 pm

I have sent you a private message with a link to the facebook page for our group, the next meeting is next tues the 16th.  I will be there..its also my first day of Optifast!! Everyone will give you lots of advice and let you know were the best place to purchase vitamins etc!   HOpe to see you there!

Ellen

KW091014
on 1/19/15 5:39 am

Hi, I am new to this site. I see that there you guys were discussing a Peterborough support group...I was wondering if that is still going on & if so when, where & what time do they meet? I'm just about 4 months out & have been doing well but am feeling like I need people to talk to who get it. I also tried looking for the Facebook group you mentioned but can't find it. Thanks :)

charminglearner
on 1/19/15 5:59 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Hi!   There is a Peterborough support group.  It meets alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  This week it will meet on Tuesday at 6 PM at Lansdowne Place.  I will PM you.   

charminglearner
on 1/19/15 6:01 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Oops, can't seem to private message you!

As for the Facebook group, it is:  

Gastric Bypass Surgery Information & Support Group ~ CENTRAL ONTARIO CANADA

Hope that helps!   

KW091014
on 1/19/15 6:49 am

Thanks! I think it was because my profile was private I fixed it :)

Most Active
Recent Topics