**Monday Roll Call**

steffihope
on 4/18/11 1:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Pammy - welcome back - hi to all of PA

I am home - already having been to two CVS's for prescriptions for Molly and her awful ear infection that they could not fill last night at 10ish as I was running around this city.....I am feeling a bit bitter this morning - I have also already been to the accountant - nothing like the last minute - and GREAT NEWS - I only owe twice what I thought I would owe.  I am going to throw up - now not sure how Israel is going to work out and since Larry and I are fighting and pointing fingers - pretty sure anwers are not going to be had today.

The good news is that I am not at work - although, I would much prefer to be there right now.  Heading out to have a last hurrah lunch with the kids - THAT should be soooo much fun - we have nothing in the house that is non-kosher so out we will go - because THAT is what a family who just had to spend more money on taxes than they ever have before should do = spend money at a restaurant.  we will then come home - with any luck having NOT killed each other and head off to my Aunt's house for the first Seder of Passover.  I am so going to drink my four glasses of wine.....maybe a few more if I need to! :)

Happy Monday y'all!
lynnc99
on 4/18/11 2:41 am
Hi everyone. It's a good news/bad news sort of day here.

FIrst the good - I am in FL for a couple of weeks. Have to hit the work items hard while here - online of course - to make up for spending the better part of 2 weeks on the road. But...it's in the 80's and SOOOO beautiful. Especially after the horrible rains on Saturday! Mike will be here for 5 days but is coming after Easter so we will both be flying solo for the holiday, which will definitely be odd.

Now the bad....I have jumped into the IRS boat with Steffi. We found out we owe big time on taxes. AND...that we may need a new roof this summer. As all this is unfolding, a little thought in the back of my head reminded me that this was the year we probably need to look at new a/c also. So....the bank isn't a happy place for us. And I may put the plastics on hold for now, obviously, since it's just not the wisest use of money to spend a lot on a "luxury" item with all this other stuff happening. Ah, well. I DO think I look younger and better when I smile, so I'll just keep smiling!

Hope the start of the week is smooth for all....L.

gmom62
on 4/18/11 8:48 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Hi Pam,

Glad to see you posting again.

Well it's late in the day, 6:30ish but I thought I'd post anyway since I don't on a normal basis.

Had kind of a busy weekend. Saturday had lunch with my son's girlfriend's mother. We are in the process of planning their baby shower for mid-June. I'm gonna be a grandmother, again. This will be grand-daughter #2! Very excited!!  After that went home to chill for a few hours.   Saturday evening had dinner with my folks at Cracker Barrel. They live about 45 minutes from us but we never seem to have the time to get together.  In fact, the last time I saw them was in January.  I've lost a few more pounds since then.  My dad, a man of few words, couldn't stop with the compliments at how great I looked.  It made me feel really good.   While we sitting at chatting I noticed the family that was being seated behind us.  It was one of my cousins who I have not seen in about 5 or 6 years. He didn't recognize me till I told him who's daughter I was!  That was fun.  After dinner, drove home in the slop. 

Sunday, went to a flea market at a local high school. Bought a pack and play for the new grand baby for $25. Barely used.  I was tickled about that purchase.  Got my do done then went home to gather up our son and his girl friend. Went to South Street for a stroll.  Haven't been down there in over a year.  Lots of stores closed.  Went to my fav consignment shop there, Green Street Consignment.  Tried on a little black dress in a 10 (wishful thinking). If it weren't for the size 38 boobs, I probably would have been able to zip it all the way.  O well.

Today was the same as usual, worked till 5. Came home to have the hubby home tonight. He took the night off from work because he had a stress test done this afternoon. His ticker is doing great!!  I'm still fighting a crappy cough, sniffles and runny nose.  I feel like a five year old.

Hope y'all had a wonderful day.

Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1785 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1880 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2562 views