Depression?

Laureen S.
on 5/26/11 12:15 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Just wanted to add, you are not a FAILURE, from time to time, we all need help, smart of you to realize it and get it sooner than later. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Cherish F.
on 5/26/11 12:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lynn -
You pulled those words form my journal didn't you?

Projects - everywhere. Work, home, crafts, books, all started and half ass done when they are done at all. When it comes to work, I have good days and bad days. Today, would be a bad day. I just can't focus. See, here I am drafting a long ass reply to your post. I should be working on Columbia docs...

The wonder that is my smart phone is slowly turning into the crutch that is an addiction. Between Facebook, OH, Words with Friends, texting - I feel like it is never out of my hands.

Sex - well, I've waited a long time to finally have sex again, and when I did it was great. That said, I'm in no rush to jump back into bed. I kinda feel like I got it out of the way - what next?

But, I'm in the opposite of you in that I seem to never sleep anymore. In fact I'm rarely home. My nights and weekends are full. On one hand that's awesome, but I also am starting to wonder why I can't seem to settle and just relax in my home. Even nights I don't have plans, I find myself in the car looking for things to do instead of going home. I used to be a real homebody. And while I don't want to go back to that I need to learn to have some kind of middle ground on the before and after Cherish.

Take this weekend for example. Friday night I am going to visit with an old friend, and will stay the night out. Home for a few hours (maybe) Saturday afternoon, then off to Beth's to sit with Dee. Sleeping there, then home for a few hours. Then dinner with friends Sunday night. And Monday is a tentative barbeque at another friend's house. All of these things take extra travel time as well.

Nowhere in there did I leave enough time for, oh I don't know, laundry or relaxing with a good book. When I got the invite for Sunday, I should have looked at my fully booked weekend and said "No thank you." But I guess part of me is the same "fat" Cherish that wants everyone to be her friend. If I said no, would I get invited back???

Wow, didn't mean to take over your post. I think there is no shame in talking to your doc about this. Maybe you do need a small dose of something, or maybe it's hormonal as someone else suggested. The fact that you reached out to discuss it makes it a very real thing.

Maybe I need to take my own advice...
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 1:31 am, edited 5/26/11 1:31 am

SAY WHAT????

Cherish I do understand the run run run effect..I feel like I may miss something if I stay home. It is hard to do but I am working on slowing down. Really! I still also feel guilt when I say no but working on it as well.

Love you! 
Cherish F.
on 5/26/11 1:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
Love you too!!
And, all the above said – we need to get together! I know Cyd is coming to see you to check out dresses for the cruise one night, I figure I’ll come with and maybe we can grab dinner or something?  
 Cherish

steffihope
on 5/26/11 2:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
When are you doing this?!?!  Come get me?!?!  Or - I will meet you all! :)  YAY!!!!  Love how I jumped in and invited myself?!?!?!
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 2:10 am
Well I invite myself to your house too...so that is how we roll! 
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 2:11 am
Yes, we can do that one night all have dinner and she can check out dresses. I opened my back closet today and I found a bunch I had forgotten about . Whoops! 
Lisa H.
on 5/26/11 11:14 am - Whitehall, PA
 I KNEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

My tracker

hers 

Cherish F.
on 5/26/11 11:53 pm - Philadelphia, PA

We need a "Like" button!
Brat!

Cherish

Nicole0216
on 5/26/11 2:23 am - Lancaster, PA
Run Run Run can also be dangerous because it is avoidance.

Gotta find balance girl

Oh and when did THAT happen?? LOL 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1792 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1887 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2567 views