reovery

Franco S.
on 6/14/11 11:20 am - PA
I had my vbg in 1999 and am most likey getting revised to a RNY in the fall. 
How long is the typical hospital stay?  recovery?  i work every weekend and I am going to
have to strategicaly plan this...  to make it work. 

any insight I would appeciate....

Liz R.
on 6/14/11 8:30 pm - Easton, PA
I had my RNY on a tuesday and was back to work 1/2 days on monday. I only did the desk part of my job for a few weeks but I was OK to do that. Oh and I was in the hospital 2 nights.

good luck!
jastypes
on 6/14/11 10:55 pm - Croydon, PA
I suppose everyone is different really.  I took the full 6 weeks off from work that I was allowed, and enjoyed every moment of it!  At 3 weeks out, I went on a missions trip to Louisiana and was fine with lots of activity.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Lois G.
on 6/14/11 11:44 pm - Ashland, PA
I had mine on a thursday and home on sat.....it was laproscopic so no pain at all.....your lucky to have another surgery, enjoy your new tool.....................you are getting a third chance as they say...the second was your vbg...................things today are so different too than in l999 in recovery from rny.......where in Pa are you?
Franco S.
on 6/14/11 11:53 pm - PA
I am outside philly.  I am pretty sure we'll go laproscopic as well.  i perform in a band as we pretty much have a wedding booked every saturday in sept, oct, and november.  So I am hoping he'll operate on a monday and i can be there at least as a figurehead at the wedding.... i would just skip the friday night club date.

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 3:43 am
Franco ...I think we all have to listen to our own bodies during recogery but if you do not lift and take it easy I think you will be alright. You may not dance or move around a lot but maybe have a stool to rest when you are not singing or during slower songs to rest up.

I had surgery on a Friday the following Saturday 7 days later I was out and danced a few song with friends I was slow and not all over but still managed.

I think you will be ok just listen to your body.
Franco S.
on 6/16/11 3:56 am - PA
Yeah.  Well my body already gets pushed :)  I think you are right though beth.  It's hard when a bride books us for a wedding and I dont show up.  But I'll see how I figure it in.  It's doable :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1777 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1870 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2554 views