Nervous..

Jackie Fisher
on 7/9/11 9:50 am - PA
I need some help!! I have been reading up on the surgery and have read that some people have had a catheter?! I am having laproscopic RNY..will I have a catheter?!? I think this makes me more nervous than the surgery..
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

bvohl
on 7/9/11 10:37 am
Jackie,

Every surgeon is different. I would ask your surgeon. Give her a call on Monday to find out. I also had my surgery at Barix but with a different doctor. I did not have a catheter.

Don't worry, you will do great!! It is perfectly normal to be nervous!!

Good luck,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

ladychief231
on 7/10/11 12:11 am - Douglassville, PA
If you have one they will put in when you are asleep. I had one and was happy that I did because it eliminated any ab pain getting on and off the pot the first 24 hours.

Good luck!
TC

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

IdaMae D.
on 7/10/11 2:45 am - Philadelphia, PA

As has been mentioned, it depends on your surgeon.  I did have one and was very thankful for it.  It is inserted when you are asleep and when it is taken out I personally felt nothing.  I've had them for all of the surgeries I've had during my lifetime which to date is 4 times.  Each and every time I felt nothing when it was in and had no bad sensations when it was coming out.  Now this was my personal experience I cannot speak for how others have felt or experience with one.

Good lukc with your surgery.

Ida

IdaMae

Jayne
on 7/13/11 4:42 am - Swiftwater, PA
Yep, I had catheter  (so I was told) but I have no recollection of the adventure!  Went in when I was under and came out before I woke.

I was up to the toilet within two hours  of getting to my hopsital room (after recovery room time)...

Lisa H.
on 7/13/11 5:04 am - Whitehall, PA
 I had one, too, and it was put in while I was under.  They took it out while I was in recovery, but I actually had them put it back in b/c I had to pee and they wouldn't let me get up.  They wanted me to go on the pan, but I just cannot make myself do that for some reason.  It just won't come out when I try.  

It was no big deal and it made me feel better about not HAVING to get out of bed to go.  They took it out that night and I was fine. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1885 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2564 views