Today's Personal Revelation

jastypes
on 8/9/11 1:00 am - Croydon, PA
This past Saturday I was at a support group meeting where someone talked about the different ways we might see ourselves in the mirror at different times, and I could just so relate.  There have been times I looked in the mirror and could see only my flaws!  Then there have been times when I think, okay, it's not too horrible.  And then I even have glimpses of myself when I think I really do look good!  He put out this idea that his idea of perfection today is still being in the game.  Today I am perfect because I am still in the game!  As I struggle with wanting to be "perfect," I now see that this new way of thinking means that it isn't my quest for perfection that is changed; it is my perception of perfection!!! 

This morning I had sort of a revelation during my prayer time.  I liked myself in the mirror today and found that I am comfortable in my own body when I am in my right mind. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 8/9/11 4:26 am - Maple Shade, NJ
AWESOME!!! 

makes me think of something I either read or heard somewhere before, 'that we are all perfect, perfect is just what and where we are in this moment, which is exactly as we are meant to be'

now if we can only hold that idea close the next time our filter is off kilter. . .

Thanks for sharing your personal revelation

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Arlene E.
on 8/9/11 9:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Great post, Jill.  Perception is that all important word that can make or break us.  Yesterday with my therapist I discussed some things that I thought were "wrong" with me regarding my not wanting an intimate relationship.  It all came down to what I perceived as fulfillment.  

Judgement is another one of those words that we need to be aware of. I love this quote:

Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever.

Keep up the all the good work you are doing for yourself!

arlene 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1810 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1906 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2588 views