Wet Wednesday Roll Call

Liz R.
on 9/6/11 9:46 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All! Where is everyone this morning!?

I am here at work after a battle to get in, if you don't have to go out - DON'T! Lots of water on the roads and debris. I made it in with a few minor detours.

I had a rough night last night. Woke up around midnight with the worst back spasm of my entire life - it was worse then labor by 100 times! It was like a charlie horse in my entire backI had trouble getting back to sleep after that. Today has me working until 3:30 and I can just sense it is going to be one of those days... probably because I am overtired and my fuse is short. After work stopping at Borders quick then home to make dinner and hang with Mia.

Hope everyone has a good day and safe travels!
swedeville1
on 9/6/11 9:54 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Hey Liz, you tricky little poster.  I figured someone would post at the same time I tried.  I deleted mine and will happily jump on your post.  Good morning my friend.

Here is what I wrote on my post...

Anyone feel like doing the slip and slide with me today.  i figure we might as well take advantage of the wet weather.  Good morning my PA friends. Im just chillin at work till 330 and then home to grab a quick bite to eat and then head off to coach football (in the rain).  It could be worse, I guess it could be snowing. 
I hope everyone is feeling and doing fine, and its nice to see some new folks on here, starting there journeys.  Its a great trip yo! 

Have a great day my friends.

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

lauraanne715
on 9/6/11 10:04 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good rainy morning PA!!

Liz--Awww I hope your back is okay and work isnt too rough on you today!!! BIG HUGS!!!

As for me...looks like another day of vegging out on the couch with a book.  If I start to do too much like lug all the laundry baskets around, or clean for too long I start with the Braxton Hicks and they are getting a little bit more intense which I am told is a sign that real labor is coming relatively soon...My due is for next week...but they say anytime from now till then...So trying not to do too much or stress out...I go to the Dr on Fri and will see what they say.

So off to shower, do hair and make up and put on clean pjs! (Gotta look cute if I do manage to go into labor!!! LOL))

Have a great one everybody!! Stay dry!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 9/6/11 10:07 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good soggy morning Liz and PA - Liz, so sorry to hear about your back spasm - sounds horrible!! Hope you feel better soon.

Swede, does your wife know you're posting provactive pics on here and enticing the female population of the PA OH Boards?? You devil, you!!

As for me I am at work this morning - decided against taking the back roads due to lots of small stream flooding and fought the 202 traffic the whole way in - god it sucks. But I'm here safe and sound.

Had a very busy evening last night - after dinner I cleaned the kitchen, made chicken salad for my lunch, packed up the cranberry wine goblets that had been my mom's so my sister can take them back to Florida with her, took pictures of furniture I have to sell, then got on my bike for 25 minutes. After that I relaxed a bit before having to run out in the rain to get my nephew from work.  slept great last night - probably because I actually DID something!

Prayers going out to all you struggling with water issues today - especially Ida, who I see has not posted yet - sadly she's probably bailing water again.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 9/6/11 10:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Kathy, yes was bailing water as usual, I got ahead of it and when Gene got home he took over till we were both so exhausted we fell asleep on the couch.  This morning had a little bit to shop vac, and are waiting for the next wave of rain to begin.

IdaMae

swedeville1
on 9/7/11 10:14 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Enticement is what I do best Kathy.  I just cant help myself.

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

IdaMae D.
on 9/6/11 10:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Liz and PA:

I was supposed to go back to work today, but am not ready to do so.  Spoke to my boss yesterday and she said coming back this coming Monday is good so I'm off the rest of the week.

Yesterday would have been my step-daughters 36th birthday time sure does fly, she's been gone 15 yrs now taken way too young from this world.

I spoke to my divorce lawyer yesterday regarding my dad and brother, she is a bulldog and handles wills/family situations.  It will cost me a $10,000.00 retainer due to the need to dispose all dad's physicians, the nurses, care givers, and those at the skilled nursing facility, to establish diminished capacity or I'd need to have witnesses that saw my brother corece my dad into changing the will.  Like she said your brother and dad are mean nasty *******$ is it worth that to maybe be a thorn in his side and aggrivate him with the probability of not proving anything, or just letting it go and going on with my life and those I have surrounded myself and call my family.  I talked to Gene last night when he got home and have decided that, that part of my life is now closed.  It is going to hurt for a very long time because my dad and brother abandoned me and threw me away once again, one of these days I am going to wake up and feel like myself it is going to take time.

Gene's first day back to work and our truck getting stuck in mud where the driveway used to be didn't turn out well.  Called triple A to have them tow the truck out of the mud.  The tow truck driver instead of taking and angling his truck went straight out the driveway getting the truck more stuck that it was to begin with, then came to me and said I have to go.  I called Gene upset - I'm not dealing with things that are stressful very well at the moment.  So he called triple A back, they sent a different tow company the guy knew what he was doing and the truck came right out of the mud.

The house is the house.  As the nights are getting colder I realize that I do not have any heat in the house.  Not sure what we are going to do as the temperatures fall.

Stay safe, dry, and warm today.....

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 9/6/11 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I'm sure it was tempting to hire the lawyer and go after your brother, but sometimes it's just better to cut your losses and move on with your life - you have enough stress on your mind with the house and dealing with all that - you will never change your brother and will only cause youself more grief in the process. Having a close family I don't understand how family can turn on one another that way, but you have said yourself that your father was the same way and it appears he raised your brother that way as well.

Seems the most important issue you and Gene are facing now is keeping water out of your house and getting heat into it.

Stay safe and warm...and try to make the most of the rest of your time off - sounds like you have a good boss.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 9/6/11 10:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA
yes Kathy, very tempting to hire the lawyer.  After thinking about it and Gene and I talking it is not worth the stress to me and what it could do to my health. 

Yes, my dad raised my brother to be a carbon copy of him.  We were a family divided, my mom's last wish was to come back home to Philly and be buried in her parents and grandparents plot, that really says a lot when a woman that was married to a man for 50 years did not want to spend eternity with her husband. 

Yes, our house is what is important to me, as are my daughters and my neice who are trying to mend their broken relationship caused many years ago by my brother and things he told his daughter that were untruths.  Now that she is a young adult and asking questions and searching for the pieces that she finds do not fit - the three girls are becoming very close and I am very supportive of that.  If the girls continue in this direction something good will come out of this.

We are working on finding a resolution to the house - I'm looking forward to the day when I can put up a happy face about the house...

Sounds like roads are getting bad in places out there be safe driving home from work.
Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 9/6/11 11:09 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Liz,
Sorry to hear you are having back issues.  I can relate somewhat.  I need to have a procedure and the soonest I can get it scheduled is the 26th.  I was hoping for next week.  Oh well.

Having a tough day today.  It would have been my older brother, Jack's, 60th birthday, but he died in February 08, after a blood clot due to knee surgery.  I lost my baby brother, Neil at age 40 on October 06.  Mom is having a tough time this week as well, which makes sense.

I have one appointment today.  I cancelled my therapy appointment due to the rain and the long drive. 

Better scoot.  My appointment is at 10:00.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1774 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views