Torrential Tuesday Downpours???

dit657
on 11/21/11 9:19 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning - I get to start daily roll call again?? I'm a lucky girl this week!! And it's late - I guess everyone is sleeping in on this rainy Tuesday? I wish I was!

But alas, I'm at work, sipping my SFVIC and checking in on my social network sites before getting my day started. Today will be a long one - probably be doing a lot of electronic filing today, but I need to catch up with that.

Went grocery shopping last night and got all my pie-making supplies. You know I couldn't find one stinking little bag of pecans at the store?? Natta, nothing, zip, zilch!! So people out there are definitely into the pecan pie making mode this holiday - I didn't want enough to make a whole pie, just some for a crust recipe I found - oh well, it'll be a plain crust instead!

Not much else new for me - ooh wait - our building is holding a 'Loaves & Fishes' food drive for the needy for Thanksgiving, so I approached my boss and said how about we do a 'free' lunch Wednesday, but in order to participate in the free lunch people have to bring a bag of food in for the drive - we're all very fortunate that we have good-paying jobs so she thought that was a good idea - I've gotten 2 huge bags of food already!! They're going over and above what I asked for - that is so AWESOME!!

OK - stay dry and safe out there...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 11/21/11 9:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Kathy!

yucky dreary day out there.

Good Luck with your food drive!!!!

Yesterday I helped Gene shovel 8 tons of stone we had delivered for the driveway.  I'm a bit sore today, but not as sore as I was expecting.

We went shopping yesterday afternoon, picked up all the fixings for chicken pot pie and sweet potatoe pie.  Today I'm makint the chicken pot pie I've been craving for a few months now.  And a sweet potatoe pie, since I can make that with my wisk and do not need a mixer.  My big mixer broke last year this time and my hand mixer is out in the shed somewhere.

I am enjoying vacation.  Two days now I've been able to sleep till 8am.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 11/21/11 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Remind me never to take vacation with you, Ida - shoveling 8 tons of stone is NOT my idea of a vacation!!! LOL!!! But glad you're not too stiff and sore today - enjoy your chicken pot pie - my mom made it and I loved it - I've tried but just can't get it like hers. I'm also attemping my first sweet potato pie tonight - wish me luck!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 11/21/11 10:38 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Kathy, Ida and Those yet to Arrive. . .

Hmmm, no pecans, so sad. . .  I got a bag at home, but since I'm leaving today, can't help you there girl. . . lol

This evening I am jetting down to Florida to spend Thanksgiving with Marlene, Sami, Dylan (my older daughter and her two children), Angela (my younger daughter) and their boyfriends.  I know the weather is supposed to be good while I'm there, so I am looking forward to that in addition to spending time with my girls, I come home on Monday afternoon, I will miss my Roxie girl, so wish I could pack her and bring her with me, but she will have uncle Bert, who she bosses around and takes full advantage of (he is my gay roommate) to take care of her while I'm away.

We are doing a charity thing for a local food bank on December 5th and also contributing to the United Way as a give back to those less fortunate in the community, always good to remember how good life is and to know it can change in an instant.

Well I'm here at work and better get back to it, lots to do before I leave at 4 or 5 today depending on the needs of the office and it just might be needy (lol), as we have a full house of visitors for various hearings at the Bankruptcy Court today, never slow here before the holidays.

Have a great day!  Wishing anyone with life challenges, the peace and strength needed to persevere.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 11/21/11 11:37 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Kathy and PA Peeps to follow,
I am exhausted.  I slept in, and am still tired.  I need five IV Iron Infusions again, and can feel it.   

Today, I am heading to the lab to get bloodwork again.  My Coumadin level was high yesterday, so they need to see if it is going down today.  I also need to make my noon AA meeting.   I missed my 9:00 meeting by sleeping in.

I also need to hit the supermarket.  I am making sugar free, homemade cranberry relish this year for my sis-in-law's Thanksgiving dinner this year.  I also make the gravy when I get there.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1777 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1870 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2554 views