***Soggy Thursday Roll Call***

dit657
on 1/11/12 8:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - I supposed it's taking everyone a little longer to get up and moving this morning. I know I could have stayed in bed. Almost wi**** had been snow because then I would have stayed home in bed! But I fought the rain and traffic and am at work - all by myself. Oh wait, someone coming in now. It's the boss.

Looks to be a quiet day here at work, and honestly not much going on in our lives right now - that's a good thing I guess. I have been making an effort to eat better and get on my bike daily - I have put on weight and am not happy about it - I know it's affecting the way my feet feel (sore) and other areas of my body.

I am happy that my shoulder surgery is coming up - it's just aching all the time now, so I'll be glad to have it fixed and done with.

Well, be safe out there today - and stay dry.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 1/11/12 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Kathy and all of PA!  I am EXHAUSTED!!!!!  

We are heading to the mountains this weekend.  A three-day winter wonderland in the mid 40's....UGH!!!!!!  This weather is really frustrating me! :)  Where is the snow?!?! I know so many of you don't like it, but it is winter and I have VERY high expectations for snow!!!  Last night Larry and I and FB hubby and his wife planned the food for us and one more family.  Then fb hubby and I did the food shopping...by the time we got back and handled all of it and who was bringing what and then got home, it was very late! And I didn't even hear my alarm this morning.  Molly came running in at 7:15 to wake me up...oops - fast shower, quick fill up of my two water bottles and here I am on time!  YAY ME! :)

Today after school, I have my therapist appointment, then picking up Larry and the girls and heading off to rent our skis for the weekend.  From there, grabbing a quick dinner and packing and cleaning out my car so that Larry can pack it up while I am at work tomorrow so that we can get on the road as early as possible after school tomorrow!  So excited!!!!

Happy Thursday all! :)
dit657
on 1/11/12 9:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Steffi I hope by some miracle you do have snow where you're going - just remember to leave it there!! LOL!! I used to love snow - then I got new knees and I'm just so afraid of falling and doing damage to one of them. And the other year when I did slip and fall on the ice walking the dog is when I boogered up my shoulder, so yeah, not a fan anymore. But you go and enjoy - hope you get some good skiing in!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 1/12/12 12:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
 There is snow at Camelback which is where we are skiing this weekend. However, natural powder is way better than the made up stuff.  I will still ski and snow tube and will still have fun and it WILL be cold up there, but I DO love the pretty white stuff. 

I do, however, understand your anxiety over hurting yourself further.  Sorry about that - I too have had my issues with the ice and snow while walking.  My previous school was at the bottom of a hill = so no mattter where I parked, it was down hill to get inside.  I fell a few times - I actually started using ski poles to walk from my car to school.  I looked ridiculous, but I was safer! :)
Lisa H.
on 1/11/12 11:54 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. I think my body is dealing with stress by being tired a lot of the time.  I got up on time to start working, made my coffee and sat down to work.  I got really tired and laid down to take a quick nap.  Um, 2 hours later.... oops.  At least I don't have a lot of work to do right now. 

I came  home from work last night to Siehara being in a lot of pain in her stomach.  She had been home all day because she was vomiting over night.  I did a self diagnosis, with the help of WebMD and determined that she either had bad gas or was nervous about something.   I gave her GasX and sent her to bed.  

When I got in my room, I found out that it was probably a combination of the two.  Before work, I unplugged the router, but realized I forgot to take it with me.  It was plugged back in (in the wrong spot).  I asked her about it and she DID admit to me that YES, she was in my room and on the computer.. REALLY?!?!?  I just gave her back laptop privileges under my supervision.  So, I installed a free keylogger program, deleted her profile on the computer, changed the password AGAIN, and guess who won't be allowed on the computer for a month... OYE.. 

Anyway, back to today.. working, showering, completing my chores on the chart, and heading to Dress Barn.  I hope I can make it through without feeling the need for another nap.  Last night at the store was so dead.  At least the manager on duty is pretty relaxed and we were just bored, but not trying to find work to make the time go.  Tonight, the actual store manager is on duty and I'm sure standing around looking cute is not going to be an option.  

Steffi, You realize that they make snow at ski places, right?? I just hope it's cold enough to keep it there... but, like Kathy said.. KEEP IT THERE!!!!!!!! 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 1/12/12 12:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
  There really needs to be a "raspberry" smiley so I can tell you how I REALLY feel! :)  And yes - they do MAKE snow, however, it gets really icy.  Real snow does not get as icy, so there! :)

(and on a serious note, two steps forward one step back is VERY normal with our teens.  Today, I am not so much a fan of my eldest.....baby steps!) 
Lisa H.
on 1/12/12 12:18 am - Whitehall, PA

How about this one??? 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 1/12/12 12:08 am
GM Kathy and PA!

Back to reality today! Yippee!! So far the day hasn't been that bad, but I do have lunch duty coming up and that is ALWAYS such a JOY! NOT!!!!

Today is wor****il 3, then afterschool staff meeting, oh joy. Then home to pick up the child, do homework, dinner, bath and bed! At least tomorrow is Friday AND I have a three day weekend too!! WOO HOO!!

That is it for me!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 1/12/12 1:15 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Everyone,
I started a reply on my iPhone in the waiting room at my ENT appointment, but got called in to the exam room before I finished the first sentence.  So, here I am again.  The ENT was checking on my broken nose, and he said he saw one thing wrong.  He also said to wait till my leg gets better, and the swelling on my face goes down, and then if I find my nose is crooked, he'll fix it, but it's not a matter of life and death at this point.  

Then, I went to the lab to get my PT INR drawn, and then stopped at the local market, here in Bristol and came home.  I had to change the dressing on my leg because the wound stained the Ace bandage.  So, I have to wash that bandage out.

The rest of this day, I will be working on a mailing for Special Olympics.  The Special Olympics Pennsylvania holds Polar Plunges in various locations throughout the state.  The Eastern Polar Plunge is at the end of this month.  People get donors to sponsor them, and they jump into the Delaware River, which is freezing.  We are trying to get more plungers by sending out this mailing to various schools and other organizations.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1775 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views