Thankful for my pouch..

Georgianne Z.
on 1/12/12 4:31 am - NC

I am reminded this week of how much clearer my mind can be when it isn’t filled with empty carbs that flow through my pouch.  Last week, I realized that I needed to go back to basics.  And I got caught in the scale game.  I have to lose lose lose.  That is what got me scared in the first place so that is the problem, right?  HA!  I bet you are laughing as well.  I am now ignoring the scale.  Eating healthy.  Not forcing food down even though my pouch is saying “Stop .. you won’t be happy with me if you keep going."   And my pouch is still working!  It is warning me when I am full if I do not drink while I eat, chew my food and do not eat quickly.  Doesn’t that sound familiar?

I need to remember that food is not what will make me feel better.  I do enjoy food.  I just do not need to feed my joy all the time. 

I am so glad I did not break my pouch!  Thank God for this surgery and my pouch!

What you are, is God's gift to you.  What you make of yourself, is your gift to God.

jastypes
on 1/12/12 4:42 am - Croydon, PA
I hear ya!  I get a kick out of the fact that my pouch really does still work.  Can I abuse it?  Sure!  But when I use it the way it was meant to be used, I eat well, enjoy what I have, my body is fueled, and I am satisfied.  I KNOW that when I eat right, the scale reflects that.  I do not use my scale to determine how I eat any longer. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1775 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views