Did anye have Dr. G at abington?

merrymorris
on 1/25/12 1:58 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I will be having the D.S. procedure with Dr. G at abington and I was just wondering if anyone had any problems. Also, after you got insurance approval how long did it take to be able to get in for surgery? Weeks? Months? Won't know if I am approved for another month but trying to get my ducks as much in a row as possible.

Thanks!!
IdaMae D.
on 1/25/12 6:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello;
I didn't have surgery @ Abington so can't weigh in on that one.

The day my insurance approval came through to my surgeons office they called me and set up my surgery date which ended up being 4 weeks after my approval.  I had some health issues and also had to do a 2 week liquid diet so the 4 weeks was to finish up the loose ends otherwise I'd have been in for my surgery 2 weeks after my insurance approval.

Ida

IdaMae

merrymorris
on 1/25/12 8:46 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Ok, thanks for the info!
NIQAABI
on 1/30/12 12:12 am
Hi, I had Dr. Bonaani but a few of my friends had Dr. G. I've met him, he is a really nice person, very informative and caring. The  approval process took me 4 days, Toni works miracles.  I had the sleeve with my compications at all, I'm 10 weeks out. My friend has the DS with Dr, G with no complications. I love the surgeons at Abington, I would do it all over again.....

merrymorris
on 1/30/12 6:26 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
That's great news. I wonder...when you scheduled your surgery when was the soonest it was offered? I recently read that someone had to wait 3 months...
NIQAABI
on 2/2/12 10:58 pm

Only after i was finished all of my testing did they give me a date. I was orginally given a date about 3 weeks away but  was told that they have a wait list in case someone cancels. I called Toni back about 2 days later and she gave me a date for the next week.

merrymorris
on 2/3/12 1:36 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Oh wow, ok. I'll need a little notice for my job but that is good news that it wasn't months away.
apw0
on 2/7/12 12:54 am - Doylestown, PA
I was at the same practice, and I had Dr. Josloff. Sadly, he has left that practice, but what happened to me, was that Toni called me on a tuesday, and told me she was about to submit to my insurance. She then called me back the very next day, to tell me that because I had Empire BCBS, they could bill it as an outpatient procedure, so they didn't need to submit it for approval. And once I had the surgery, it would be on the hospital to get approval for me to stay overnight. Anyway, after that call in February, they scheduled me for April 4. My doc only did the bariatric surgeries once a month, which is why I had to wait. I hope that helps!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1892 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2571 views