How are you moving today?

Lslaven
on 3/22/12 4:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
I went to the gym this morning and did a cardio jam class, 30 minutes on the eliptical and15 minutes on the bike when it occurred to me that it was so nice out......what was I doing inside.  I left the gym and took a 3 mile walk which was awesome.  Took in the sights of blooming trees and flowers as well as other people out enjoying the weather.  It occurred to me that there must be a good bit of other things we can do to get moving outside.  What are you doing......do you have any suggestions?
Jackie Fisher
on 3/22/12 4:58 am - PA
You go girl!! Nothing like a beautiful day to get us going!!

"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

Laureen S.
on 3/22/12 5:07 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I'll be heading home in an hour, putting on my comfy clothes and walking the dog around my neighborhood, I actually drove my car around the area I walk her and it is just about a mile, more depending on which route I take and on nice days I do it 2x, pain permitting.  I also walk back and forth to a noon AA meeting at least 3x a week, it's not far, but walking is walking. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 3/22/12 5:45 am - Whitehall, PA
 I'm movin today!!

50 minute cardio Aqua Fit class today, followed by 30 minutes with the trainer.  She may bring me outside.  I've seen a lot of them out there lately.  Regardless of WHERE we do the workout, I know it will be tough and I love it!

My tracker

hers 

lauraanne715
on 3/22/12 5:49 am - Pottstown, PA
I have been working out religiously again since the baby is now 6mos old and it is a little easier to get my workouts in :-) Today I did 35 mins on the treadmill, 100 squats, 25 pushups, 100 step ups (or if your familiar with Crossfit they are Box jumps) and 25 Burpees (also a Crossfit exersise)..fun fun fun...looking forward to getting back in shape and up to my old workout routines!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

jastypes
on 3/22/12 6:00 am - Croydon, PA
I hate this question, because I am guilty of not moving hardly at all most days.  I was up at 6:30 to get ready to go to work.  Immediately after work today I have to pick up my daughter from her work, then run home and whip up a quick dinner for my family (and my daughter's two friends), then I'm getting picked up to go to an AA meeting.  I'll be getting home around 10:00 p.m. and collapsing, thank you very much!

I have come to realize that it is impossible for me to FIT IN exercise.  If I really want it, I'll have to make it a priority, move things around, and make it happen.  In other words, I'll have to PLAN it into my day, and at this time I'm just not willing to do that.  Maybe you all could inspire me. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Lslaven
on 3/22/12 6:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
Jill:

I will be glad to walk with you any time I am off.  We could even meet before a meeting and take a walk.  I know it is hard to do this......God, knows I sat on the couch for at least 3 years since surgery but now I realize at 48 years of age, I need to get moving or I will gain weight.  Also muscle is essential for boosting my metabolism so it is not even up for discussion now.  I wake up with a whole bunch of excuses why I can't exercise, and then say......nice try Linda.....just do it.

You got this......its just one more hurdle.....but it does relieve stress and while you are exercising, you don't think about eating so it is a win/win.

Linda
Lslaven
on 3/22/12 6:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
Wow, you guys are amazing.  I tried burpees but my knees hate them.  Crossfit I hear is incredible and really tones.  Anyone do pilates?  I hear that really tones your body quickly.  A friend of mine wanted to go rollerblading outside......first, I have never done this......second, I could just visualize an ER visit so I am going to abstain from this at this time. 

Keep up the great work everyone.  We can do this!!!!
cleos_mom
on 3/22/12 11:32 am - phila., PA
Jill, you don't live to far from me I will walk with you.

Well this am I did. My 3 mile wak/jog with Leslie Sansone
then after dinner pushed both kids in the coach for 2 miles
now I m beat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views