Sunny Monday Roll Call

dit657
on 3/25/12 9:50 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - I was MIA all weekend - we were at the beach with our friends - wish the weather had been more like today, but honestly I needed a weekend just to be a slug, and trust me, I had it!

Back at work today and have lots of things on my personal agenda to take care of, so I'm glad the boss sent a note saying she has jury duty today.

My eating wasn't horrible over the weekend but I didn't track anything, so back on track today and I will post that stuff in Jackie's posts - I am so happy there are newbies out here who need the support and encouragement that I had when I was first out - and it's helping me get back on track as well.

Not much else going on right now - more packing, more cleaning out - tonight one of my stepdaughter's is coming with her friend who wanted to see us before we take off for FLA.

Have a great day all....Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 3/25/12 10:39 pm, edited 3/25/12 10:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Kathy, PA friends,

It was an ok weekend and that's all I can say about it right now, as I am in the hallway trying to make some decisions about my life going forward.

I had a fairly successful weekend food wise and also have a refrigerator full of leftovers that will tide me over through Thursday, which I can't wait for, as I am leaving from work Thursday evening and heading for Dallas, where I will meet up with a friend I made on the Over Fifty Forum, she has to work half a day on Friday, but after she leaves work, we are headed to Hot Springs, Arkansas, to meet up with 8 other women, also friends made on the Over Fifty Forum, all of which I have had the pleasure of meeting and establishing relationships with (I am the surprise, as no one knows I am coming, since I originally thought I'd be in Florida for my granddaughter's birthday, only the friend whose house I am staying at knows and the hostess of the get together).  We will be there through the weekend and I will come home from Dallas on Monday afternoon. . .  This trip comes at just the right time for me and hopefully I will come home refreshed and ready to meet my current challenge.

Well here I am at work, time to get busy with the day and my plans other than work is an AA noon meeting and a nice walk with Roxie when I get home.

Have a wonderful day, I wish you all the peace and strength needed to face life's more serious challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 3/25/12 11:15 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Kathy and all of PA.  Busy whirlwind weekend for a change....so looking forward to Spring Break next week.

I am sitting in my classroom, trying to figure out how I want this last week of school before break to go - either general math, or algebra.....maybe I will try to fit in a little of both.  It's nice that since testing is over, I can do whatever it is that I feel my students REALLY need.  This is where I can really have fun.  Hoping that the kids work with me.....

After school I have my therapist appointment.  I think we are both in agreement that I am going to start going every other week in lieu of every week - it seems that I am FINALLY at a good place and the anxiety and depression are well under control for the most part.  After the therapist appt, it is Molly's appointment - I haven't decided if I am staying or going to go home, change and run.  I can run after the therapist if I am up for it.  The weather is perfect today for a run.  I ran yesterday and I was hurting.  I started with shin pain even before I ran - so I seem to have over compensated for that pain somehow because my lower back was sore last night.  However, today - I am feeling pretty good.  Looking forward to getting a good run in.  (I really have no idea who just said that last statement - she is WEIRD!!!!!)

Tonight Larry is home, and he is home tomorrow too.  YAY!  So, dinner, homework and hopefully we will both be awake to watch SMASH at 10.

That is my day - hope yours is a nice one!
Patricia R.
on 3/26/12 1:32 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Kathy,
I just got home from taking a friend to a pain management appointment.  She can't drive, so I help her out by driving her to appointments.  On the way home, we stopped at RiteAid, and the Dollar Tree.  I had to get some big gift bags for my grandchildren for their Easter presents.  I am leaving for Michigan Easter Sunday.  I won't actually get to their house till the next day, but they won't mind.  I got some craft stuff for us to work on while I am there.  Plus, the usual, Bubble Bath and the big box of Crayola crayons.

This afternoon, I have physical therapy for my back.  Then, tonight, I am going to crash.  

Must scoot to change into my gym clothes for therapy.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1774 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views