Flipping Friday Roll Call

steffihope
on 3/29/12 10:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 I don't think that I have ever been this happy to see a Friday come in all my life!  I just need to get through the day!  6.5 hours!

So, I had expected to be able to talk with my vice principal about the two page memo she left for me, but, and I did NOT know this - she has knee surgery yesterday and is obviously out of school.  I did tell the principal that wanted to talk with her today - we shall see how THAT transpires.  Beyond just trying my damndest to get through the day - after school I have to tutor and then I will REALLY be on Sping Break!  Tonight I am having a Lia Sophia jewelry demonstration.  Feel free to come on out.  Send me a message if you are up for joining us at my house in Northeast Philadelphia.

Tomorrow is my three year surgiversary.  I can NOT beleive it - some days it feels like it has been a long time - others, (And these are more frequent) it feels like I just got out of Barix to start my new life.  Three years....still in amazement that I am still healthy and still working the tool.

Happy Friday all!
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 10:41 pm
 Congrats on your 3 yr mark.  

musicaldonna
on 3/29/12 11:27 pm - PA
Happy Surgiversary a day early Steffi!  I know that you will enjoy your spring break next week.  Keep on remembering how much better life is now than 3 years ago.  I know that this year has not been easy for you in school but you have made it this far and it will be over soon.  Hang in there kiddo.

Laureen S.
on 3/29/12 11:43 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi PA Friends, Steffi,

Congrats on 3 years of "successing" you've faced lots of challenges and still do and you've made some real good changes to meet them, so keep the faith and enjoy spring break!

I am sitting in Starbucks in Dallas after arriving last night to visit with a group of women I have had the pleasure of forming a friendship with on the Over Fifty Forum, where the common denominators are we all had WLS and we are all over the age of 50, with one of the gals being close to 70.  We all try to gather somewhere once a year and I originally was not going to be able to go because usually I go to Florida to celebrate my granddaughter's birthday in the month of March, but things changed, largely due to the fact that Sami wants to see NYC and instead of me going there, I will be bringing her here after school this year, so I was able to do this trip, but it is a big surprise to everyone except the person hosting the gathering and the person who picked me up at the airport, so after she finishes her work day (between 10 and noon), we will hit the road and head to Hot Springs, Arkansas, a 5.5 hour ride, for a spa kind of weekend and some fun times with a bunch of the craziest women in America ;)

Like some of you know, this surgery helps us lose weight, but the things we gain are wonderful and I have been blessed with friendships that are just wonderful!

Well there you have it, my weekend plans, no internet where I'm going, so after I leave here, only way I will be able to connect is via my cell phone and that's dependent on the coverage there.  So I wish you all the very best of weekends, peace and strength for the challenges life brings your way. . .  oh and for any who post to the over 50 forum, mum's the word about where I am, at least until tomorrow!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 3/30/12 12:01 am - Whitehall, PA
Hidey ho everyone! It is ACTUALLY my Friday today!  I have to work both jobs, but I am off from both all weekend!! So happy to actually have down time, for a change!  I MAY work for Aetna tomorrow, but it will be low key and from home, so it's all good. 

I made an attempt to go to the grand opening of a Bottom Dollar food store down the street from me, but there was a crazy line b/c they were giving away a free bag of groceries to the 1st 200 people in the door.  It was too cold and I had to get back to work, so I didn't stay.  I still have some great $10 off $20+ coupons that I can use once per week over the next month, so I'll just do that when the thrill wears off.  

Last night, Siehara came to Aqua Fit with me.  She didn't like this class as much as the other one.  This one is definitely harder--more cardio, faster paced.. but she was there.  Hopefully, I can get her to go back.  I also talked to my trainer and she said she would be happy to work with Siehara either with me or one on one! I think Siehara would enjoy that attention and my trainer is a 20 something girl who has a lot of energy.  She said that she has a lot she can teach her and will make it fun for her!  I am MORE than willing to give up or share some of my sessions if Siehara will do it.  I had talked to Siehara before I talked to Alycia (trainer) and she said she might want to do it.  So, hopefully I can get her to go.   I also told Siehara that we would go to the gym tomorrow and do what she wants to do there.  She likes the elliptical machines, so I told her she can show me what to do because I don't like it and I told her that maybe I don't like it because I'm doing it wrong.  That will give her a sense of accomplishment knowing that she is better than me at something.  I also told her that if I can't handle the elliptical, I will move to a treadmill and she can stay on the elliptical.  I'll also show her how to use some of the other equipment if she'll let me.  

So, tonight I work at Dress Barn. Tomorrow morning at some point we will go over to the gym.  I want to take her to see that new documentary that is out called "Bully".  I showed her the preview and she said she wants to see it.  I hope it's playing around here.  I know there are some issues because they are releasing it without a rating.  www.cnn.com/2012/03/30/showbiz/movies/bully-documentary-revi ew-ew/index.html.  Other than that, it should be a low key weekend.  I don't know if Neil is coming this weekend or not.  His parents are in from AZ for the weekend, so he'll be spending some time with them and will need to be home Sunday to take them back to the airport.  It really isn't worth him paying for the gas to spend Saturday and part of Sunday here.  But, we'll see.  

My tracker

hers 

Lisa H.
on 3/30/12 12:02 am - Whitehall, PA
On March 30, 2012 at 5:25 AM Pacific Time, steffihope wrote:
 I don't think that I have ever been this happy to see a Friday come in all my life!  I just need to get through the day!  6.5 hours!

So, I had expected to be able to talk with my vice principal about the two page memo she left for me, but, and I did NOT know this - she has knee surgery yesterday and is obviously out of school.  I did tell the principal that wanted to talk with her today - we shall see how THAT transpires.  Beyond just trying my damndest to get through the day - after school I have to tutor and then I will REALLY be on Sping Break!  Tonight I am having a Lia Sophia jewelry demonstration.  Feel free to come on out.  Send me a message if you are up for joining us at my house in Northeast Philadelphia.

Tomorrow is my three year surgiversary.  I can NOT beleive it - some days it feels like it has been a long time - others, (And these are more frequent) it feels like I just got out of Barix to start my new life.  Three years....still in amazement that I am still healthy and still working the tool.

Happy Friday all!
 Happy SURGIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your party tonight.. I have to work 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 3/30/12 12:25 am
 GM Steffi and PA!

Congrats on your 3 year surgiversary!! Mine is coming up in June...doesn't seem possible?!?!

You will make it through the day, me, however I forgot my cell phone at home so I am going into phone withdrawal, thank goodness for my ipad! It is going to be a long day...

Wor****il 3, then home to do some stuff, watch my soap, wait for hubby and child to get home. Then we shall see what the evening brings. I do have some shopping to do....

Sorry I won't be able to make your demonstration tonight. I just bought some things from there and need to watch the spending! Have fun?!?!

Have a great Friday!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 3/30/12 12:27 am
Happy Surgiversary Steffi!!!  I have to ask - has running changed your weight at all?

Working today 1-9. Have to leave in time to pick up a baby gift which I will deliver to a PA friend's daughter in Ft. Lauderdale area on Sunday. Getting my glasses adjusted and returning 2 dresses to Coldwater Creek as well (I ordered 2 on clearance on line - the 6 is too big, and the M- size 10/12 - is too small, go figure.)

Anyway it is likely to be a very busy day at work. Many of the "snowbirds" *****nt for the winter are packing things up to leave this weekend. Others will be leaving next week to be back up north for Easter weekend. All of them, I am sure, will have pressing technology needs and questions before they leave!

So not a thrilling day but I am going to head outside for some sunshine and writing time in before I head out the door.
steffihope
on 3/31/12 8:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi there - I am still eating like crazy- the stress over the last three weeks between testing and fighting with administration is not helping.  However, the weight is up and down 3 pounds.   I do think that the running is helping me maintain those 3 pounds.  I am hopeful that the week off, and possiblility of more time as I am going to call my Psychiatrist as things at work took a turn for the worst, will help the food consumption.  We shall see!
IdaMae D.
on 3/31/12 5:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
congratulations on your three years!!!

YOU ROCK - love you!!!!

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1774 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA