Windy Monday Roll Call

dit657
on 4/8/12 10:14 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning. Very sad new this morning of 2 firefighters who were killed in a fire in Kensington - thoughts and prayers going out to their families and co-workers.

We're home waiting for the final inspection on the house - this is for the Use & Occupancy permit which I think is kind of silly since the house is only 6 years old and we're living in it but it has to be done. More money for the township and state.

Of course the stinking dishwasher is on the fritz again! We just had service out about a month ago and now it's not pumping the water out. Two weeks to settlement and this happens. Bummer.

We has a nice Easter weekend with our friends - I'm going to miss them so much. But I miss my family as well and I can't be in both places.

And that's about it for me today. Hope everyone has a good day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 4/8/12 10:34 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Monday morning.. yup, it's here alright.  I am recovering from a really bad food weekend, but it was a GREAT friend weekend!   Neil, Siehara and I had a wonderful weekend with friends at 2 different seders and an Easter meal.  My food choices were really bad and my body is revolting.  I crashed big time Friday night and last night.  Maybe I'll learn my lesson, now.  I hope so.  I overslept this morning, too.  

So, now I'm up and working.  Siehara slept over at the neighbors' last night.  After work, I have an appointment with the trainer at the gym.  I am going to try to get Siehara to go with me, since the trainer agreed to work with her, too.  Siehara was looking forward to it when I first mentioned it, so hopefully she still is now that is really happening.  I only have a 30 minute session, so I would like to get there early to do cardio work and possibly stay after to get in the pool.  They are resurfacing the hot tub, so there will be no post-workout recovery in there.  But,the pool can be just as therapeutic. 

I am going to put a whole chicken in the oven around lunch time so it can slow roast and we can have it for dinner.  We will eat after the gym and then relax for the night.  Well, I'm going to relax.  Siehara has a LOT of cleaning up to do.. lol.. 

She has been pretty good lately.  Yesterday she gave us grief about going to the neighbors' because she "didn't feel good".  Really it was because she had a tiff with the daughter and didn't want to face her.  I told her she was going no matter what.  She came and was really quiet during dinner and right after.  Then she asked if she could go home because she didn't feel good.  I told her no.  She came with us and will leave with us.  Eventually, she got up from the table where she had been moping and went over to the sofa with her friend.  They started playing "Rock Band" and laughing and in no time, they were out taking a walk and then asking if she could sleep over.  Now THAT'S the kind of teen drama I can deal with. That's the normal stuff.  And, just as predicted, they got over their issues and were friends again.  

Well, my work computer is acting very odd and I have to go figure out what is going on with it.  Here's to a fresh start on food and exercise today! Hope everyone has a great day.  And my thoughts and prayers are also going out to the firefighters and their families.  

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 4/8/12 11:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning everyone.

This is the first I am hearing about the firemen.  I am so sad - I haven't really talked with Larry yet abot who they were.  I am sure he knew them.  It breaks my heart.  These men and women give of themselves daily and they know the dangers going in......Sigh - I am glad that Larry is back on day shift - not that it can't happed during the day - but I would hear about it right away if there was an issue.

So - I have been off of OH for my entire spring break.  Not sure why.  It was a decent break - Had a LOT of anxiety about coming back today, but here I am - I put on my big girl panties - and I will fake it the best way that I can.  I AM seeing my psychiatrist again today - so I am not sure about what will transpire there - i REALLY want to be written out for about two weeks.  She is most likely NOT going to do that - but it is what I want.

Today, I am meeting a friend for lunch - because I NEED to get out of this building.  Then after school off to the Psychiatrist and then home to run and then the market.  My 5k is this Sunday....I am ready!  I am excited and quite proud of my accomplishments! :)

Happy Monday all!
bvohl
on 4/9/12 1:34 am
GM Kathy, Lisa, Steffi and PA!!

So sad to hear about those firefighters!!They make the ultimate sacrifice for our safety!

Lisa, glad to hear that Siehara is doing better! I think the teenage drama has already begun with Dee, she goes through the same friend stuff!! OY! She is 9 in under two weeks, YIKES!?!?!

Kathy, sounds like things are moving right along. Before  you know it you will be in sunny Florida!!!

Steffi, sorry that you are still feeling anxiety over work. So happy for you on your upcoming 5K!!

We have had a nice weekend! Did alot of stuff. Had a fun day with GREAT friends on Saturday!! Yesterday we went downtown to Philly to go to this restaurant called Honey's Sit and Eat. We had heard about it on Food Network and it looked really interesting. It was a combination of jewish/southwestern food. The service and food were FANTASTIC!! We were seated at a table with perfect strangers and we struck up a nice conversation. I had an omelette, with a most fantastic potato latke(YUM)!! I am actually eating the leftovers now! STILL YUMMY!!! It is a real hole in the wall, but I really enjoyed going there!! If you go, make sure to bring ca****hey are a cash only establishment.

Today is errands, laundry, cleaning, etc...I did some baking yesterday! Today is Dee's last day of vacation so the rest of the week is MINE! Well, except for drs appointments and helping a friend after knee surgery...

Hope you all have a GREAT day!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1777 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1870 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2554 views