Plateau

Ready2BHealthy2011
on 5/22/12 11:50 pm - PA
So I hit my 3 month POst op.. VSG.. down just about 70lbs. Havent budged all week.. have eaten the same.. exercised more. anyone have this issue? I know a lot of you work out.. i do 6-7 days a week.. cardio and weights.. anything u guys do to get over the plateau? or is this normal?
Rachael
Laureen S.
on 5/23/12 12:42 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi,

I did not have your procedure, but I do believe stalls are a part of the body playing catch up.  One of the ways to break a stall is to change things up, do a different routine, maybe add a little food in, or not eat the same way all the time. . .  our bodies are marvelous tools and adapt, so we need to challenge them.

Best wishes, I'm sure you're doing great, 70 lbs. in three months is awesome!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Ready2BHealthy2011
on 5/23/12 1:49 am - PA
THanks Lauren!!

I am going to try mixing it up a little.. see what happens!
Rachael
happyforonce
on 5/23/12 1:28 am - PA
Switch up your foods and try to increase your food intake a little, should break the stall. 
Ready2BHealthy2011
on 5/23/12 1:51 am - PA
thank u!!  i will try
Rachael
Lisa H.
on 5/23/12 2:27 am - Whitehall, PA
 way to go on your 70 lbs!!  Yep.. prime time for a stall.  Your body is catching up!  Make sure you are measuring yourself and not just counting on the scale.  I'm sure your clothes fit different, now!

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 5/23/12 2:50 am
Yes, the adjustment is huge. When I had my psych eval, the psychologist warned me about it. He said that after an initial period of rapid weight loss, all body systems will suddenly shriek, "Hey, what the heck is going ON here!"

That is also a time when our endocrine system and hormones adjust to our new body weight and chemistry. Important stuff!

So patience is part of the journey. Of course we all wish we could have our surgery and see the weight loss overnight....or even yesterday! But that's not the reality of it, of course.

Stay steady with the exercise - it will make a huge diff in the long run!

Congrats on a terrific 3 months!
proudmama13
on 5/23/12 6:33 pm - Bristol, PA
Hey girlie!

AHHHHH CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!  70 pounds must be the magic number because that's where I am and have been stalled for a little bit now.  Sounds like you're doing everything just the way you should be so keep up the AMAZING work:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1781 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views