Thursday Roll Call

bvohl
on 8/23/12 6:19 am
Good Morning PA!!

It is 9:15 and no one has posted roll call, so I guess I will!!!

Today is a NO laundry day!! I finished the last load last night and I am officially taking a few days off from the laundry!! I have many errands to run, paying and mailing bills, dropping off a "sample" to the vet, etc. I know, SO exciting!!! After that who knows????

What are you up to today??

Have a great day!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 8/23/12 9:47 am - PA
Good Afternoon Beth and those to come.

Couldn't get on the computer yesterday due to technical difficulties.  Not too much planned for today - Whole Foods, making copies of my clearances for possible subbing applications etc,  Just trying hard to stay positive with this whole job search.  Have a good day everyone.

Donna
IdaMae D.
on 8/23/12 2:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Early Evening;

I have not been getting up early enough to do much of anything but grab my  half and half and ice packsfor my lunch bag and run out the door.

Have had a summer cold, I'm covering for my AVP @ work for this week and next - so can't be sick, so I'm ignoring that I am :-)

I think I've found my dress for my daughters wedding, showed it to Gene he really likes it.  Now just need shoes and I'm set.  Actually need two pairs of shoes, one to wear for the wedding and photos and a flatter pair for the remainder of the evening since it's an outdoor wedding and I don't want my heels catching on anything so that I fall and break things.

the house is getting closer to almost completion.  There will be portions that just can't be completed at this time.  For the most part we'll be able to start moving all our furnature back in, in maybe a month or so.  Can't wait to have a house back - although it's going to take some getting used to cleaning an entire house again after two years of living in an episode of horders in the two rooms we've been using.

Hope you all have had a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 8/23/12 11:11 am, edited 8/23/12 11:12 am - Perry, MI
Hi Ida,
When my daughter got married in 2001, I was a size 22, and found my gown for her wedding at David's Bridal Shop the night all the girls shopped for the bridesmaids gowns and Colleen bought her wedding gown.  I didn't buy my gown that night, but I went back later that week and picked mine up.  

For my son's, I had trouble finding one that fit.  His wedding, September 1, 2007, was exactly one year after I had my gastric bypass surgery.  I was down to a size 18 then.  When my daughter came to visit a few weeks before the wedding, with my newborn granddaughter, she threw a fit when she learned I hadn't gone and found a gown.  We went shopping the next day, and found the perfect gown, in the perfect color.  Isabel was in her stroller and was crying as we went through the shoe department.  I told her "There's no crying in the shoe department.  That's Mommy and Grandma's favorite department in the store."  I had to order my shoes online because of my wide feet.

I wore heels for the wedding and the portraits for both weddings.  I carried flats for both weddings and changed them at the reception.  Heels kill me, because of all the problems I've had with my feet.

Have fun preparing for the wedding.  I sure did.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 8/23/12 6:02 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Beth and PA,
Sorry I am late again.  Utley has been demanding more lap time since I volunteer every afternoon, and some evenings these days.  I love my volunteer work, especially when I am busy.  Unfortunately, it's been slow a lot in the afternoons.  It should get busier in September, because the schedule for the workshops is changing, making it hopefully busier in the afternoons.  The agency is Southern Bucks Recovery Community Center in Bristol.  We're in the same office complex as Careerlink, and the Bucks County Community College Lower Bucks Campus.  We offer free services to people who want help staying sober from drugs and alcohol.  We also offer free case management services to certain people who meet specific criterion.  

Afterward, I had a doctor's appointment.  Now, I'm watching the Phillies game.  They've been more fun to watch since the All Star Break.  

I hope everyone had a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1775 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views