no work Monday roll call... at least for me!

Lisa H.
on 12/2/12 10:12 pm - Whitehall, PA

Morning all.. I really need to get back into posting more, so why not start with roll call?

When I set my clock last night for this morning, I set it for 1/2 hour later than I normally wake up because I knew I needed to catch up on some sleep after having a very late night Saturday and then working at Dress Barn all day yesterday.  I decided that the extra zzzz's were more important the OT for the day.  Siehara wasn't feeling well and asked to stay home from school.  I reluctantly allowed her to go back to bed and then proceeded to start work this morning.  About an hour in, I went to sign in on my time sheet and it showed that I requested off for today... lol.  We are allowed to carry over 5 PTO days per year to the next year, anything over that we will lose if we don't use.  So, I had requested off for today so I wouldn't lose it.  Plus, I'm sure the date was not an accident since I knew a few weeks ago I was going to have a tiring weekend.  

Anywho... I tried to go back to sleep and of course cannot.  So here I am posting roll call, playing on FB and watching "The Green Mile" from my DVR.  I give it about an hour and I'll be ready to nap.  

Things here have been busy with the 2 jobs both being in the midst of their busy season.  I have unlimited OT for Aetna, so I am trying to take advantage of that.  Dress Barn is actually NOT very busy at all.  We were steady all day yesterday, but didn't come close to making last year's numbers.  I am not really sure what is going on there.  We have our regular customers and occasionally get new people who have not yet discovered us.   But, even on Black Friday we were not really busy.  I "could" quit there since I am getting so much OT, but I know the OT will not last forever.  Plus, it gets me out of the house and I know that's important so I don't become so secluded from the rest of the adult world.  

Siehara has been absolutely fabulous!!! Her behavior has been just that of the "typical" teenager and I'm just fine with that.  She made honor roll first quarter with all A's and 1 B.  She has been making jewelry (rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets) and has sold about 10 pieces already!  It is SOOOO much calmer here and for that I am grateful . I no longer worry every time I leave the house. 

Neil and I are doing well for the most part.  He is still trying to find a job and I am still trying to be patient.  He knows that I have big concerns about him not working and that I can not and WILL not support him.  So, he doesn't come here as often as he was because he doesn't want to use me.  Hopefully something, anything, will come along soon.  The rest of our relationship is great, so this is the only obstacle we have to overcome.  

Weight loss .. MEH.. feeling very frustrated with my eating and lack of control.  Revision to pouch and stoma have been denied.. hoping to go for 2nd level appeal with insurance.  Need to find, no MAKE time, to get to the social worker and nutritionist and make a plan.  

Holy crap, I've rambled forever... guess that's what happens when you don't post for awhile.  Sorry if I bored you, but wanted to catch everyone up on what is my life.  

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/2/12 10:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning Lisa & PA!

I'm finally getting on here for a morning roll call!!!  So happy to see that Siehara is finding her stride.  You will have to post photos of her jewelry making!!!!  Would love to see her artistry!  Has Neil been watching the AmeriHealth Mercy Family of Companies career webpage?  New positions posted daily.

I'm working from home today.  Ez has to go @ 10:30 for his surgery blood work follow up - personally I think everyone at the Vet office just wants to see him :-)  Hider is still not doing well with him.  She's hiding under the bed and in the closet, however she always hid, she is so on guard watching for him.  Not sure what that is all about - he is so even tempered and never goes after her.  This morning they were both on the bed with out her hissing and growling - maybe there is hope?  She's started grooming herself again - that is also good.

As for the house - we are closer to completion.  As for the legal stuff - it's frustrating because I can't talk about it especially on forums and facebook, looking forward to this being over and getting back to a normal life.  There are positives in our favor - like I always tell Gene I never get my hopes up until I hear the end decisions.  This will be going on for at least another 6 months or so.

Workwise, I'm looking for a management position now that I've completed my education.  I did interview for one position, was offered, turned it down.  My stomach was in knots until I'd made the decision once I turned it down everything calmed down so it was not the right place for me to go.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  Lisa keep appealing those decisions until you have the resolution you want!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 12/3/12 1:17 am - Whitehall, PA

Hi Ida, I will make sure Neil knows to keep checking AmeriHealth for postings.  Thanks for the info. 

Good news about the kittehs.. I DO think Hider is coming around.  They will learn to love each other and I wouldn't be surprised if you start to see Hider looking out for Ez.  RE: the house.. Hope things work out for the best.  I know this has been a long road. 

Good luck in moving forward in your career.  It's always a good idea to keep trying to move around and up so you know that you have a job! 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/3/12 5:43 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Lisa;

I sent a posting that might interest Neil.

Hider is not yet ready to look out for Ez - if she could get one of the shipping boxes from the mailman put Ez in it and ship him out of the house she'd be one happy Kitty!  Hopefully someday she will realize he is not leaving and start to be nice to him.

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/2/12 11:59 pm, edited 12/3/12 12:01 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Lisa, Ida,

Lisa, it's good hear your daughter is doing so well.  I learned to crochet when I was 14, and that really helped me calm down some.  

Ida, I'm glad your house situation may be settled within the next year.  That has been going on for what seems like forever.

Speaking of crocheting, I got a bargain last night at AC Moore.  They had a 25% off entire purchase coupon in yesterday's ad in the newspaper.  The coupon was only good from 6;00 pm to closing.  I am looking for little letters on wheels to paint for my grandson, Franklin's name.  Neither store near me had all the letters.  But, being a good yarn addict, I found a bargain.  They have Red Heart Soft yarn on sale, normally $3.89 a skein.  It is on sale this week, for $2.99.  With my coupon, I paid $2.24 for each.  I am making a bedspread for my grandson, Lincoln, in Michigan State's green and white.

Well, I announced on Facebook that I am moving to Michigan at the end of the month, so I'll announce it here.  My daughter and son-in-law have a rental property I'm going to live in.  The rent is $350 a month cheaper, and it's a two bedroom house with a garage and basement.  I'm in a one bedroom apartment with street parking.  

So, I am going through my belongings, purging tons of stuff I really don't need, and taking it to the Salvation Army store.  I also have to pick up boxes to get my packing organized.

If there is anybody in the Lower Bucks area willing to help out on Saturday, the 29th, we could use help loading the truck that morning.  I'll post a separate thread on this as well,

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 12/3/12 3:18 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Lisa, Ida, Trish, anyone else. . .

It is certainly a bright spot to see your face and read your post today!  That Siehara is doing so well is wonderful to read and while you may once in a great while have ups and downs, you've been the most wonderful mother a girl could have and I truly believe that one day Siehara will more fully appreciate that.  Great that she is putting her creativity to good use and making a little money of her own doing so, I'm with the idea of you showing some photos of her creative side.

I'm at work, went out at lunchtime to a noontime AA meeting and it was hard to come back to work, what a lovely day!  Though the calendar reads December and the long haul of winter is here, I'll take this breath of whatever kind of weather you want to call it. . . 

I had a very busy weekend myself and last night I put my pjs on at 5:38 p.m. and crawled in bed with my kindle and played backgammon and watched television until my eyes were so sleepy and the clock read a time that I could give in to, which was about 9 p.m., I slept straight through to 5 this morning and according to the clock on my computer, I am out of here in less than 2 hours.  Plan for this evening is to relax at home with the Roxie girl.  Part of my weekend involved decorating my house for Christmas and I put a Santa hat on Roxie and she allowed me to do so for a little while and then she shook off the hat and tried to play eat it. . .  I will try to post the picture here, as it was quite humorous the more I took shots of her, the more she seemed to glare at me.  Anyway, I'm mostly done with my Christmas shopping and funny thing, I've noticed that the stores have not been as crowded as some years; my daughters, DIL and I went shopping on Black Friday and it was fairly painless, well other than the expense of it all (lol).  Guess people are being cautious, I know I am, I've scaled back to just my grandchildren, with a little something for their parents, but that's it.  Just cannot afford to put myself in a hole.  The sad part of the holiday season is that the sort of things most kids want today, are very expensive and they are the sort of things that you really want them to have.  Anyway, enough of me yakity yaking. . . 

Just nice to see the thread and people posting to it!

Have a great day, what's left of it!  And hope Neil finds his job situation righted and you your revision.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 12/3/12 8:57 am
Good evening Lisa,

Glad to see you posting roll call! I am sitting here relaxing from a long, hard day at work. This weekend was very busy and exhausting!

I am so happy to hear that Siehara is doing so well!!!! I am doing the happy dance!

You and Neil will work it out. You two love and care about each other. He will find a job, hopefully soon!!!! I will cross my fingers!!

Well, I am beat. Take care and keep us updated!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1777 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1870 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2554 views