Wonderful Weekend Roll Call

musicaldonna
on 4/12/13 9:34 pm - PA

Good Morning PA peeps!

Hope that everyone had a good week and that this weekend has some time in it for rest and relaxation.  Last week at Barix I shared that I have a great deal of resistance when it comes to logging my food.  This has been a problem for me since day 1.  I also know that if I did log my food that I would be more conscious of what I was putting in my mouth.  During my therapy session this week I spoke about this.  My therapist helped me see that I do not need to know WHY I do this, I just need to do it.  For the past 3 days I have been recording my food and trying hard not to judge myself.  That is all I can do for now.  By taking this one step I am taking back the control in my life and stop being a victim when it comes to what I eat.  Just for today I will pray for the grace to continue this positive action.

I am off to the hairdresser today for a much needed cut and color job.  Nothing much else on the agenda this weekend other than food shopping and laundry.  Hope that you all make it a good one.  Take care.

Donna

bvohl
on 4/12/13 9:58 pm

Good Morning Donna and PA!

Life has been good but just super busy!! Getting back to work after Spring Break was tough this week....I have been so tired that most nights I don't even get on the computer. We have been down to one car for about a week. Steven's car needs to go and he has been looking for a replacement. He found a car but it needs some work before he can take it. The dealer is taking care of the work but he is not sure when it will be done. We thought it was going to be done today, but it may not. So, there has been a lot of extra driving for me...

I am going to the doctor this morning, nothing major just something that I need to take care of. Then I am taking Dee to a kids expo. After that we may be going to get eye exams and glasses. OH BOY! The rest of the day is up in the air.

Have a great weekend!!

Love, Beth

Donna, I am the same way with journaling....HATE IT!! Miss you

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 4/13/13 1:32 am - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning all...

Life is busy, busy, busy.  The new, not so new position is wonderful, I'm loving it.  One of my direct reports went to Maryland to be married yesterday, so I'm baking a cake for Monday to celebrate with the department.  Love baking and decorating cakes..want it to look similar to a wedding cake and be a celebratory cake because the groom will not be at the celebration.

Will probably be taking a long break from FB.  Last weekend was my birthday weekend as the 9th was my birthday.  Neither of my children called to say hey mom want to go do something or hey mom we have plans this weekend how about next we all get together to celebrate your birthday.  I did receive text messages from them on my birthday.  When I signed into FB last weekend found that they were having dinner with their dad and his GF.  Yes I realize they need to spend time with their dad,which they do much more frequently than me.   And I do not have a problem with that, what I do have issue with is they could not take the time to spend with me on my special day.  Am I hurt that neither of them has reached out to me to ask me if we can get together to spend time or to call me and say hey mom can you and Gene come over I want to cook dinner for you,  Absolutely.  Heck they could have called Gene to say we'd like to surprise mom - it is my 55th, double nickle so it's all down hill from here LOL

oK enough ranting from me.  So for those of you that are used to seeing me on FB you will no longer find me there unless it is via private message.  My presence there is virtually going to disappear.

Off to start planning my cake and get some cleaning done.  I was going to go outside to work on an herb garden but the yard is way to wet to go out there right now.

Hope you all have a great weekend...

Hugs,....Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 4/13/13 7:53 am

Ida,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Sorry your kids didn't do anything special for your birthday. If my mom was still here we would at least go visit her and sing Happy Birthday to her. Little did I know that last July would be the last birthday that we would celebrate with her....I am DREADING Mother's day this year!!

I am going to miss seeing you on FB. But we can still talk via PM!!

Love and hugs, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 4/14/13 12:20 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Beth!

I totally understand what you are saying about mother's day. I've dreaded it since 1996, mother's day, her birthday, and the anniversary of her death are the three most difficult days of the year for me.

Now that I'm no longer with my ex-husband my mom and I could have been doing a lot together in the last 10 years, it was not meant to be for my mom and I.  In the end her death gave me the strength I needed to get out of a terrible abusive marriage mom did give me a beautiful gift.  I could never leave the ex because he always threatened to kill my mother if I did anything that he was not in approval of and yes I believed/feared that when drunk or high he would go through with that threat.

My mom's birthday is also July!!!! 

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 4/14/13 11:37 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Ida,

I so understand how you feel about your children. . .  with me, the time they spend with other "family" is in my son's instance, his wife's family.  My two daughters live in Florida and make time to spend with their stepmom as they can, including her birthday's and holiday's and so I recently stated how it would be nice if when my birthday came, we might have a "birthday cake", as I have not had one in several years (and this year we will all be together, the past couple of birthday's I have been in Florida with my daughters), as it has been a number of years since they acknowledge my birthday with more than a quick phone call, usually late in the day or via a text message. . .  believe me, I get the fact they are busy, that life pulls us in all directions, heck mine is busy, but there are times when we need to stop, think and reach out in person to someone meaningful in our lives. . . 

I try to remember I am an adult and should not live in my emotions, however, I am a human with feelings and my feelings are hurt by my children over and over again. . .  the latest is that I called my son on Saturday, planned on being at my grandson's little league game, only to be told there was none, that the schedule I had looked at was practice (though he did not tell me that in the email he sent), I had asked him to send me a list of the games my grandson was playing so I could attend some, he stated they had friends coming over and he would call me when they were home, but no call came and so another week of not seeing them (grandchildren and son), of course, in his eyes, I am not making enough time to spend with them, oh and by the way, they won't come to visit me at my home . . . then last night I called my daughter, because tomorrow I fly down to visit her, my grandchildren and other daughter, to which she responded, well I'll see what I can do about taking days off, your trip really is kind of at the wrong time, the kids are in school. . . .  to which I gently reminded her that I thought because it was her birthday, it would be nice for us to have a chance to celebrate her birthday for a change, as my older grandchildren really don't enjoy being with grandma at this point (15 and 11 year olds), not to mention I had discussed it with her before purchasing the ticket . .  I certainly got off the phone feeling hurt. . .  What I am learning is that children grow up, we did our part and it seems in today's modern age of electronics and online communications, that the personal touch is becoming a thing of the past and I guess I need to accept it, but damn it hurts like hell. . . 

Thanks for listening, on a certain level it helps to know I am not alone with this sort of behavior.  Thankfully, only one of my children really lives out life on Facebook, so I don't get to see it too closely, though when I talk to them I hear about all the time spent with this and that person. . .  guess I just need to accept what is and realize I have to live my life in the manner that works best for me.

Have a great day, hope your cake came out wonderfully!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 4/14/13 2:44 am - Whitehall, PA

Hey Donna and everyone.. thought I'd check in since it's been way too long.  Things here are busy as usual.  But, they are also going really well.  Siehara had her "enough" moment and has been working really hard to shed the weight.  She watches her portions, logs her food, and limits treats.  She has lost almost 10 lbs since January!! I'm really proud of her!  She is also doing chores around the house to earn money for to pay for her cell phone and to have extra to put away for other things.  We are attending a program at her school called Strengthening Families that has been really cool and a nice way to do something productive (and free) together.  

As for me, I'm still working the 2 jobs so I'm always working.  I also realized that I was completely out of control with my eating.  It took eating an entire bag of oreos and a bag of dorito mix over the course of a few days for it to hit me, but damn did it hit me.. sigh... anyway, Friday I started doing my version of the 5 day pouch test.  I did nothing but shakes (with added chia seed for bulk) on Friday and Saturday.  I wasn't hungry nor did I think or worry about when my next meal would be.  Last night we went to a diner after karaoke and I ordered just a cheese omelet.  I ate slowly and brought half of it home for breakfast this morning.  Since then, I've had a shake and will be downing my water.  Between Friday and today, I shed 7 lbs!  I know it's water weight, but I'll take it.. it puts me back on the right path.  

Anyway, gotta go.. Siehara is supposed to be meeting up with a potential babysitting client (who was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago), and I want to be out there with them.   I hope they come.  I know she will be quite disappointed if they don't show up.  I hate when people are late.... sigh... 

Hope you all are well.. 

My tracker

hers 

musicaldonna
on 4/14/13 9:46 am - PA

Lisa,

It's SO GOOD to see you posting.  You have been on my mind for the past few weeks.  I am happy that things are going well for Siehara and you.  I hear you about the food.  The sugar monster has really been calling me recently and I have been only too happy to answer.  I just started writing down my food and I can tell you that it has not been easy for me.  It's good that you still have the two jobs.  I've been out of work for 2 years now but the future is starting to look bright.  A position for a school secretary had opened up at the school where I sub and volunteer.  There's nothing in writing yet but it looks hopeful.

Cross your fingers  Take good care of yourself.

Donna

Laureen S.
on 4/14/13 11:39 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Donna,

I am proud of your efforts and as I tell you, I log my food, even within choices that are not the better ones to make, it just helps to know where I can change things and the accountability to self. . .  Keep it up, you're doing great!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1774 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views