Just saying hello!

Hobbitgirl
on 5/1/13 11:40 pm - PA

Hi PA Peeps!

I live in Montgomery County, PA and am having my surgery this July at Einstein Medical Center.  I've been on here a month or so, so I thought it was high time I come over here and introduce myself!  Hope all is doing well and staying healthy!  It's been a rough month for me, but May is my favorite month of the year, so here's hoping for a better 30 days than last! :)

Blessings,

Bridget

Laureen S.
on 5/2/13 12:12 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Not being a PA person (though because I live just over the boarder I have been a member of this board for the past 6 years), I've heard of Montgomery County, but not sure what towns reside within it (lol). . .  BUT WELCOME. . .  our board used to be quite active, but with Facebook taking over, many have disappeared, however, there are still some of us who check the boards, if not posting regularly, to welcome a new person and offer support as needed.  You will more than likely love your life post-WLS.  I strongly recommend finding a support group of people, from pre-op to post-ops, so you can get a feel of what life will be like post-op.  There is a great one in Langhorne that meets several times a month. . . (1st Saturday (11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.) of each month, 2nd Tuesday of each month (this one is for pre-ops and some newer post-ops) and 3rd Wednesday's, the Tuesday and Wednesday meetings meet from 7 p.m. until about 8:30.  The groups are open to anyone, no matter where they have their surgery.

Wishing you well on your journey towards a life that will more than likely fuller and more active as a result of your journey.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Hobbitgirl
on 5/2/13 12:45 am - PA

Laureen thank you SO much for that!  Yes, unfortunately Einstein doesn't have any support groups in our area yet. I live in a little town called Royersford.  It is between King of Prussia and Reading.  :)

As a single parent, it's hard to get really anywhere without having my 10 year old in tow, but nevertheless, always great to meet new people!  I cannot wait to for this, I've waited so long, and realized I've wasted so many moments of sadness and despair from people around me saying this is the easy way out.  As an already active person, it is debilitating knowing this weight isn't coming off...July cannot come soon enough!  I want my health back! :)

apple60
on 5/2/13 3:53 am - schwenksville, PA

I am your neighbor. I live in Schwenksville. I had my surgery in 2008. I can't believe that it is over 4 years ago. I remember saying I thought it would never come. I never regret it and I had mind done in Abington Hospital .My Doc. was Dr. Bonanni he was great. If you ever want to meet let me know. My E-Mail [email protected] I hope I here from you.

Hobbitgirl
on 5/6/13 8:17 am - PA

Hi Linda! 

Thank you SO much for replying!  Yes, we don't live far from one another at all!  My PCP is Dr. Dennis DeBias, who is right off 29 down by Moscias (spelling?) Train Stop restaurant.  I am originally from Phoenixville but 80% of my family lives within 10 miles of me.  So that's always nice.  Yes, would love to get together!  Here is my email [email protected] - I am also on Facebook, you can find me on there as Bridget Mulhall.  Hope to hear from you! :)

apple60
on 5/6/13 11:15 pm - schwenksville, PA

I live at the Spring mount town houses right down from Train Stop. When are you having your surgery? Do you know ? Which surgery are you having?

Linda Applegate

Hobbitgirl
on 5/7/13 1:58 am - PA

Oh wow you're like 15 minutes away from me!  Awesome!  My last appointment is June 19th.  So, anytime after that.  They said once the appointments are done they have to send it to approval.  I was told 1-3 weeks it could take and then we would schedule the surgery.  So, I am thinking sometime in July.  I work at Vanguard, so I am grateful I have Short Term Disability.  I was originally going to have the Roux en Y, but decided to have the Sleeve instead.  I think that procedure would work best for me. :)

Laureen S.
on 5/2/13 11:30 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Glad you are excited to get on with living a life that is free of the bondage of obesity!

Looking forward to watching you shrink. . .

Suggestions so that you can see the miracle unfold in yourself. . .  take your measurements the night before/day of surgery and then do so monthly, as well as side and frontal pictures, preferably in front of the same place (ie, a door in the house or something where you can actually see the shrinking person you will be). . .  it is cool to look back on years later, but also, sometimes we can't see the changes in ourselves without this stuff to prove it. . .

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Hobbitgirl
on 5/6/13 8:18 am - PA

Laureen,

I will definitely do that!  I actually had a hard two weeks, I am going to blog about it in a few minutes, any advice on that front end would be most appreciative!

Patricia R.
on 5/2/13 5:51 am - Perry, MI

Hi Bridget,

Welcome to the PA board, and to the life of pre=WLS.  I had mine done almost 7 years ago.  My first consultation was June 1, 2006.  I don't regret having had this surgery, and wouldn't change a thing.

I am also on Facebook, with my full name, Patricia Anne Reilly.  I'm originally from Bucks County, PA, but moved to Michigan in February, to live near my daughter, and her family.

I hope you'll feel free to ask questions, and the regulars will gladly reply.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1775 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views