Happy 4th of July!

musicaldonna
on 7/3/13 10:03 pm - PA

Happy Independence Day PA peeps!

Just thought that I'd give a shout out to everyone on this very hot, muggy holiday.  Thank God for central air - I don't know what I would do without it.  Nothing too much on my agenda for today.  Found out that I don't have to work tomorrow so I'm excited.  Didn't take me too long to get back into the employee frame of mindwink.  My job is going well so far.  Doing a lot to get files organized and updated.

Hope that whatever way you plan to celebrate today that you make it enjoyable.  Besides celebrating our nation's birthday today I am also celebrating my freedom from morbid obesity.  The physical weight was one thing - but the psychological weight was something else.  I can't get over how much energy has been freed up inside of me because I don't hate my body anymore.  What a gift to be able to say that I like myself after all these years.  So today I celebrate my independence from negative and abusive self talk and relying on food as my only coping mechanism.

I pray that we all make good food choices today and if we don't that we remember to treat ourselves with gentleness and compassion.  Have a good one.

Donna

bvohl
on 7/4/13 9:44 pm

Hey Donna!

We had an enjoyable time yesterday with my friends from college. We watched the annual parade, then had a yummy meal, then we sat and chatted. It was a relaxing, nice day!! I was so tired last night (since I woke up at 4:30am), that I went to bed around 9:30. So didn't see the fireworks, but heard them around the neighborhood! I recorded the Philly celebration so we can watch the fireworks later today. I was very good about not overeating yesterday. Since it was just us and our friends there was enough food but not too much. I think I made good decisions...I had a little taste of everything and was satisfied with that!

Today we are hanging out with my BFF. Going to the movies to for a double feature of Despicable Me 2 and Monsters U. Then we are gonna hang out at the mall. Too hot to be doing anything else!!

Donna, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1777 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1870 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2554 views