Come on - You know you want to say it with me - a rant

CaroleK
on 12/26/07 11:17 pm - AL
To all of the posts that start like this: "I was banded 20 days ago. Do I have restriction?" You know you want to. Come on. Say it with me? "How the hell should we know? If you have restriction you know it. And you were banded less than a month ago, why are you expecting to have restriction at this point anyway?" Now I know that I asked some stupid questions when I was first looking at the Lap-Band and when I was immediately post-op. But I know I never asked this one because I did ... oh what's the thing called? Oh yeah. Research. And how about to the, "Do I have a slip?" posts: "How the hell should we know? Go to your doctor!" And to the "I think something is wrong, I can't even keep down fluids. Help me. But don't tell me to go to my surgeon." posts: "You're a freaking idiot." There ... I'm done. At least for now.
bethmal
on 12/26/07 11:40 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
That is one of the reasons I don't participate much on the band board. Really, a few months ago I was struggling and someone not even banded told me I needed to practice self-control. She came back after being banded and was having issues and I told her she needed to practice self control herself. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her for a long time - and I am a lurker over there. I don't mean to sound hateful because I am not that kind of a person but honestly, I was looking for support and not be chastised by a wannabe/newbie.
Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 12:42 am - Cleveland, OH
lol oh the list could go on and on.. Do I have a band in there? lol That one takes the prize for me. This is taking off a bit.. so this might just work.. doesn't move as fast.. but it is just as good.
lorisb
on 12/27/07 1:54 am - Vancouver, WA
Eh. I'm thinking of typing out my "stock" responses in a text document that I can then just copy and paste (hopefully the correct one) at will. But I'll never forget the vag band!
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/07 3:05 am - Miramar Beach, FL
LOL...better be careful, Carole. I started a thread at the LBT "At Goal or Close" forum, ranting about newbies (and oldbies, too) who ask the same idiotic questions over and over and ignore the advice given to them. The newbies got all offended that I was being less-than-helpful. So, I just shut up. (Thinking the whole time, "ummm, why are you newbies posting on the 'At Goal' forum, anyway???!!!) My biggest frustration is people who seem to think the band will do it all, when we all know that you just have to work up some self-control (with the band's help), and make some changes to be successful. Tami
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1220 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3802 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3838 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3627 views