Warning! Long post.....

Kimberly *******
on 12/28/07 4:51 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Ok..here is my problem. I need a fill. My port is tipped so I have to have it done under fluoro. Flouros are only scheduled in the am at our hospital. I only have a small measure of restriction in the morning, so every time I go in to have a fill, they won't give me one because he says the barium is backing up. The ONLY thing I ever pb on is ice cream...something about the consistency of it...exactly like the consistency of the barium. Are you getting the picture? I am so frustrated. I am self-pay so every time I go in it costs me $500+ to NOT get a fill. I can eat anything, at any speed...I do not have to chew well...I can gulp water...I can eat a white bread sandwich with no problems. I need a fill. I have timed it today and I am thinking about food within 1 1/2 hrs. of eating a good bandster meal. I just had 3 oz of steak and am going to time this and see how long it lasts. I know you all can't do anything for me, but thanks for reading and sympathizing with me.
Kimberly *******
on 12/28/07 4:52 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Wow! Was that ever disjointed. Sorry.
Kimberly *******
on 12/28/07 5:05 am - The Boonies of...., ME
ONe more thing....I know the old saying, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should". I don't generally try to eat bad...I do all the whole wheat/whole grain food I can, but on the occasion when I decide to have a sub sandwich or something..it always freaks me out that I can eat one and it doesn't even try to get stuck. I'm the only person in the world of LapBand that actually wishes something would stick once in a while. Ok, I'm done.....for now.
Nancy W
on 12/28/07 5:02 am
Have you tried putting your hands around his neck and squeezing....uh, sorry. I get frustrated when fill people won't listen to patients. You need to be tight enough to control your afternoon and evening eating. It doesn't sound like you are. I would tell them to give you a small fill, even if it looks too tight on fluoro, and you will come back if it's too much. You don't know how tight is too tight until you go there. Remind them that fluoro only tells part of the story. How you are eating and your weight loss tells the rest.
ANGIE M.
on 12/28/07 6:16 am - New Paris, IN
Lap Band on 10/17/05 with
Well, sounds like it's time for a "band break" while you save up for that fill. Save your pennies and just accept the fact you will be loosing slowly or not at all for a while. Things could be way worse! Hang in there!
cyndy40
on 12/28/07 6:36 am - Beaumont, TX
Hey! Kim! Sorry that this is happening to you! I would tell them exactly what you have told us. Ask, as Nancy said, for a small fill, and if you are over full, you will come back for an unfill. Hope you can get this resolved quickly.
ClaudiaG
on 12/28/07 7:05 am
Awwwwww...(((((((Kim)))))))))) That so sticks. Can you email the doc and explain all of this before you go? I know it costs you every time you go, so if you can communicate your feelings in writing, he may understand and agree to give you a tweak. I email my doc all the time. If you need help finding his email, I help you find it. Hang in there kiddo. HUGS! Anne
Sharon T.
on 12/28/07 8:24 am - Southern , WI
Kimmie, I tell ya, I've been out almost 4 yrs, and had I think, 7 fills, (senility), you know, and NONE, under Fluro! My doctor doesn't even have a machine, and if something is wrong, we go to the hospital for it! I myself, believe it is just a moneymaker, it is SO expensive. I have always had smallish fills, never real tight, and it has been up to ME, if I think it is enough fill. I can only get 1 fill every month, also. I'd clue your doctor in real quick, honey! Like (Claudia), says, send him a mail, and tell HIM all of this stuff! That's ridiculous! the whole advantage of the band, is the capacity to control appetite, with the fills! Honey, let us know what happens! I sure hear you about the cost of the fills, though!
MARCIAM
on 12/28/07 11:19 am - Sayville, NY
I vote for calling your doctor and explaining the problem. I think he should be able to figure out how to help you - don't you???
amyc
on 1/5/08 9:37 am - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
How bad is your port tipped? Mine is tilted, but my surgeon can still get in without flouro. I just have to do a crunch (I admit that's the only time I do them lol). Do you think your surgeon would be willing to try the fill "blind". At least they can't see the baruim that way lol! Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1220 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3802 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3838 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3627 views