Once at goal...

cyndy40
on 12/29/07 1:54 am - Beaumont, TX
I have been at goal for a few months now. Did those of you who have reached your goal wait for the "other" shoe to drop and for you weight to return as it has in the past? Am I beinging overly worried and making much ado about nothing as I have changed my lifestyle and work daily to make the right choices? I understand that there are cir****tances where I could regain my wieght. But, do you worry continously about regaining? Also, did you hit goal and keep setting new ones? Just some ponderings of a thin body and a fat mind!
Sharon T.
on 12/29/07 2:18 am - Southern , WI
First of all, CONGRATS, to you, Cyndy!~ I've been at goal, for almost 3 yrs, and , I don't worry about gaining any big amont back! I vary, and have gone up, like 5-6 pounds, at holiday time, but then, I just cut the carbs, and sweets, and it disappears, when I get back on the wagon. My everyday, eating, has changed totally, and I 'm totally happy with it. When I want a treat, I eat it. I know a lot of people eat ALL "Regular," food, like real butter, and whole milk, no LF, or SF, products, but, for ME, I use all of the aids, I can and it works well for me! I think one reason, is my husband eats large quantities, and when I give him, LF, or SF, and such, he doesn't even know it, but is actually eating healthier. Like FREE salad dressing. We ALL have to find our own little niche, it takes a while, but I think you're doing just great My doctor wanted me at 160, but I settled on 155. I had been lower, but he said I looked unhealthy. So, that's that! ha
cyndy40
on 12/29/07 11:12 am - Beaumont, TX
Thank you for your positive response, Sharon. I can always count on you to help me see things from a different perspective. I, too, am LF and SF, and you said it, it works for me. I will just keep doing what I am led to do and all will be well.
Kimberly *******
on 12/29/07 3:21 am - The Boonies of...., ME
I'm not at goal yet, but I worry constantly about gaining it all back. My self-confidence has really taken a hit since I gained 8 lbs over the holidays. I'm trying to get back to band basics and have made it through 2 days now with the help of this vet. board. I just read through your profile again and I am so proud/impressed with you! You are looking amazing and YOUNG!
Sharon T.
on 12/29/07 5:39 am - Southern , WI
Are you speaking to me? Thank you, Kimmie! I HAD to do something, or by now, I would be no more, and looking down on all of you from above! ha Seriously, this is the voice of experience, honey, after 11 surgeries, in 8 years, losing a lung, 4 replacements, and three marriages, none, of which turned out the way I'd hoped, plus being confined to home, for like seven years, I've learned, we have to do the best we can with what we have, and (MY) God, brought me to the Lapband, and I HAD to use it the best way I could to keep going! To me, this is my last Hurrah, and I'm playing to the fullest! Honey, we're all just human, and can only do the best we can. Worry, never gets you ANYTHING, but more worry! one day at a time, sweetie! Now, as I stumble down off my soapbox! ha
cyndy40
on 12/29/07 11:14 am - Beaumont, TX
Thanks, Kim! I, too, am so glad that we have moved over here to discuss vet topics.
sharyn_pear
on 12/29/07 7:09 am - Australia
I wish I could actually decide a goal weight! My dr was happy ages ago but I'm not. My goal weight just kept (and keeps) changing. Maybe thats to do with being a dieter all my life and not actually accepting that I don't really need to lose anymore? I don't know. Sharyn
cyndy40
on 12/29/07 11:16 am - Beaumont, TX
Yep, Sharyn, I think the dieter in me is the one who keeps moving what MY goal is for me. They can band my stomach, but they can't restrict my mind. Weird living in a thin body with an obese mind isn't it?
sharyn_pear
on 12/29/07 12:35 pm - Australia
LOL Cyndy. I can't even say that word.... thin.... . I just can't see it applying to me. I've been fat since I was 10. Now I can't pick on my size with myself, I find other things... like the skin issue etc. Self acceptance is so hard. S.
bethmal
on 12/29/07 7:56 am
RNY on 12/26/17
Hi Cyndy, I think it is awesome that you are at your goal weight. I am no where near mine but I work with someone who was banded 4 years ago and she is at 130 right now. She looks marvelous! She exercises a few times a week (walking mostly) and she eats to live not lives to eat - mostly non carbs. That is what she tells me every time I ask her.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1220 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3802 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3838 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3627 views