Memorial page...sad.

sharyn_pear
on 12/29/07 8:08 am - Australia
I don't know why I went there.... I haven't for a long time... but I did. There is one story of a lady who gassed herself and her grown up 'special needs' daughter in the family car. From reading her last entry on her page... l imagine insurance denied her surgery. She couldn't stand the thought of her daughter being placed in a facility. I think what it brought home to me was that many people are on the edge when waiting for insurance approval or just jumping through their hoops trying to get approval. So, one of my New Years Resolutions...... is try to be kinder and more tolerant and remember that people's words on a screen have someone behind them. Sharyn
sharyn_pear
on 12/29/07 8:59 am - Australia
I do apologise if this brings anyone down but I do think its a good reminder when all the crap hits the boards to remember there are more important things in this world. http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/alicem/ This was written on the day she committed suicide. So.... back to being positive.............
Sharon T.
on 12/29/07 9:11 am - Southern , WI
How awful! I tell you, we are SO lucky, as it can always be worse. Well, she is hopefully at peace, now! So, sad~!
discogal
on 12/29/07 10:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
I also came across this sad story a few weeks ago. It's like something from a movie...but sadly for real. Very unsettling that she felt that alone.
Robyn
on 12/29/07 12:27 pm - Milford, DE
I've been there before myself and it is sad.
arianna
on 12/29/07 7:22 pm - TN
This lady was in the news here in Tennessee she was really worried about her and her daughter's future but I beleive what pushed her over the edge was the fact that she and her live in boyfreind had a falling out and he left...she felt totally abandoned and defeated .... he was the one who came back and found them... the car was still running so I do not know how long he had been gone before he returned and found them all dead ...This is so tragic ...she had private BC/BS and they refused to pay for her surgery , this is truly a tragedy ....she deserved so much better .....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1220 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3802 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3838 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3627 views