Feeling pretty lonely

macaulie4
on 6/3/14 2:48 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13

Well I had surgery July 9, 2013, I was doing great. I had the support of the weight loss team in Halifax, and had someone to answer to. Well February of this year I was released from the program, and was wished good luck. Well as time has gone on I have started to slip back into some bad habits. I feel trapped and very depressed for this is not how I thought it was going to be. I miss that support I had for 7 months, and now I am a lone again. I feel like a failure, I want to have a healthy and active life. This pass year has been one of turmoil and really don't think it was a good time to have my surgery. I lost my dad unexpectedly and he was my biggest supporter in this journey. Since my dad passed away I have become my moms partner. She relays on me for everything, and most times my time is not my own. I have tried to find a balance, but have failed so far. I hear of the success stories, and I dream of the day I can tell mine. Sorry for venting, just needed to let it out. Look forward to hearing more about everyone's success.

kim_pei
on 6/26/14 7:20 pm - Canada

Hey....drop me a line...we can meet up for a coffee...Kim

jndrake
on 7/16/14 6:57 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi, sorry I didn't see this until now. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a hard time. You should not have to feel alone. I do still have access to my clinic but feel I get more support from this site and our coffee nights than I ever get/got from the clinic. I would definitely be up for another coffee night any time. I am free every evening for now, summer is quieter for us as we are not going to Hockey every night! It was nice to see you at the Coop. I check the boards ever couple of days for a quick second but was really only checking in on the NB board as the PEI site was pretty quiet for a long time. Message me any time you want to chat. Jillian. 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1195 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3778 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3814 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3613 views