got another call

bunjiesmomma
on 6/13/14 8:39 am
RNY on 03/01/13

Hi all, to those that I have spoke with since surgery or those waiting,i just got my call for signing my papers to have my excess skin removed June 20 2014. wondering if anyone on the island had this done before or yet and how did things go? can private message if you like. im nervous but figure went thru a bigger surgery and survived!!

kim_pei
on 6/26/14 7:19 pm - Canada

I hope to get that done too after all is complete...keep in touch I want to know what to look forward to...the very best of luck though...Kim

bunjiesmomma
on 6/26/14 9:22 pm
RNY on 03/01/13

Hi Kim,  well I should get a call sometime in august to book me for tummy tuck in September. i'm quite nervous but shouldn't be.

bunjiesmomma
on 7/8/14 4:23 am
RNY on 03/01/13

Kim, I hope you see this. I am booked for my tummy tuck November 6 2014  @ QEH!!!!!  any word for you yet?

kim_pei
on 7/9/14 4:24 pm - Canada

at QEH WOW!  At least you will be closer to home.  How did that happen? Yes I go over for my meeting with the Nut on july 22 and they said any day now to sign the papers so I am excited and cant wait to get this done!

bunjiesmomma
on 7/9/14 8:39 pm
RNY on 03/01/13

I am so happy for you.  it seems like time stands still while waiting but once the call(s) start it flies. Yes dr gary mclean from Stratford is doing my surgery and yes @ QEH so even though im 2 hours away ill be on island and can see my family. Moncton damn near drove me nuts as my little one was only a little over a year old at the time and I had to go for 3 days!! here for you if you need support or chat. take care.

Cheryl : )

kim_pei
on 7/10/14 11:28 am - Canada

Dr MacLean is a lovely man and it is wonderful to be close to home.  Thanks for reaching out...I really appreciate it.  Let me know if you ever come to town,  It would be great to have a coffee and chat!

Kim

jndrake
on 7/16/14 6:47 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi I have/had a lot of weight to lose so I am sure I am going to need plastic surgery. I've lost 130 and have about 120 more to go before I think I'll be ready for surgery. That will put me at 170 lbs having lost 250 lbs so I know I a going to have skin to deal with. How did you get started with the process for the plastics. Do you have any co-pay, what type of surgeries will he do? I am thinking I will need my Pannus? done, lower body/tummy area, breast reduction for skin, and arms. What have you learned along the way about plastics that you can share. Do you have to be/should you be at goal weight to get it done? do you need to prove issues with skin ie rashes, yeast, chafing? Will your doctor do more than one surgery at the same time? Any info would be appreciated. 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

bunjiesmomma
on 7/30/14 5:45 am
RNY on 03/01/13

HI, I got referred by my family doctor to the plastic surgeon. yes you need to be or should be at your goal weight and have maintained the same weight for awhile as per my surgeons office.  I was told about 18 months to 2 years post surgery. my plastic will only do my tuck and explained that doing arms/legs leaves horrible scars and looks like you had a terrible accident as the grains of skin go downwards but he would need to cut length wise (if this makes sense) to get the excess skin removed.

I am getting the t shaped abdominalplasty done as it removes more so I will have a lengthway scar then one down below width wise which I am fine with. not sure where you are located but PEI is hard to get fully approved for arms legs and breast work as it is considered cosmetic not medical unless you have issues that need it then its a wait for approval. I do not have to pay anything thank heavens.

jndrake
on 7/30/14 10:19 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi, I live in Charlottetown. I totally expect that I would have to pay for arms, I know there would be no reason for arms to be medically necessary. I have been wondering if the surgeon is already using OR time  for the stomach and all that goes along with that and it is covered by the province if I could look into having my arms done at the same time and save the extra OR costs associated. I think I've read on this site from other places that people do that. I was wondering if you discussed that possibility with your surgeon. I've seen before and after pics of arm reductions brachioplasty? and I know that it involves long scars inside the arm that aren't pretty but I guess after loosing 250 lbs give or take I'll have to decide if big flaps for arms is better than scars or not. I have no idea how I will feel but I hope that it will be an option to consider. I just have absolutely no idea how much it would cost out of pocket. If anyone knows and could post here that would be great. Good luck with your surgery, Its very exciting to know that you have come this far and you get to do it here on the island!

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1190 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3775 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3809 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3609 views