New!!

MsReyes
on 12/3/09 2:20 am - kissimmee, FL
after searching many forums... i think I finally found one that i sort of can relate to!

bueno, un poco de mi...

I am a 23 yr old Dominican who just had a VSG(11/11/09)... I am here to make new friends and find people i can relate to and that are going through a weight loss process because my house is full of gente flaca!! lol!!
soljeanpierre
on 12/5/09 12:36 am - McKinney, TX
   Hi, welcome to the forum...I'm Puerto Rican. I living in New York for 18 years and now I'm in McKinney, TX since 2005 and I love it.
   I have my RNY on 11/10/2009...everything until now look good. I lost the first two weeks 17 pounds and the week after I lost 5 more ..Total 22...
   I'm in the third phase diet...and I don't have any problem at all.
   Tell me more about you...you can contact me anytime...

LIZCHAVARRO
on 12/5/09 1:37 am
hey, hey, hey!!1
 Orlando in the house!! Welcome.. I am one year out and do not regret my decision..I am cuban, but girl I am more PR/dominican because i ws born and raised in Brooklyn!! 

I just want to let you know if you need anything, advise or help.. just holler...

I am looking for weight loss surgery recipes including  "our type" of foods.. I might try to start a form page with recipes with carribean food.. whenever i post asking for latina food they send me mexican.. there are some mexican foods i like but i am looking foods that we are used to but modified for our new lifestyle of eating..

girl stay encouraged!!
soljeanpierre
on 12/11/09 12:24 am - McKinney, TX
   Hello.. I'm a month  post OP and I lost  27 pounds. I'M in the third stage, I make  my soups like Puerto Rico style, without adding to them to the fats and treatment to replace everything by fat free or light, I only  eat 3/4 cup three meals and two snack...
  How you are after a year and how many pounds you lost...I'm concern about how many pounds you need to loos to be on track...you have any idea..
   I never prepare my food like pure, I just take small bite and  don't have any problem at all..I do some exercise 30 minute in my stationary bike, that it...
   Please give me some advice ....es bueno compartir con otras personas sus experiencias, para asi aprender de ellas....tienes una nueva amiga con quien puedes contar e intercambiar opiniones...mil gracias for Reply.....
MsReyes
on 12/5/09 2:13 pm, edited 12/5/09 2:14 pm - kissimmee, FL
thanks guys!!

well everything with my surgery has been going well so far... ive lost 20lb in my first 3 wks!! which i am a little excited about lol. I am currently staying in the dominican republic for the first 6 months after my surgery.. reason being I can follow up with my doctor and also to be close to my father.

well... i havent really been following recipes, now that i started eating "real foods" Ive just been modifying it. for example.. I have my chicken cook with sofrito and adobo I just ask them to limit the salt and not to use oil. The chicken soups and sancochos are the best!!  lol even if i dont get to eat the meats yet. and I do take the beans they make at home and just stick them in the blender.. como una crema de habichuelas.. i am still in an early phase so i dont have much options but eggs, chicken, and veggies.. for me leaving the rice hasnt been that hard. i think i am adapting well to eating healthier foods.. Ive learned within this process that the stomach doesnt distinguish taste(lol) the mouth does.. so regardless if you put a piece of fried chicken or baked... the stomach feels the same : full!. lol point is as soon as i start eating ill get you some yummy recipes!
soljeanpierre
on 12/11/09 12:29 am - McKinney, TX
 Que bueno saber que has bajado 20 libras en tres semanas, sigue asi adelante. Yo ago lo mismo que estas haciendo tu. Trato de seguir mi dieta pero al estilo caribeno y no usando las grasas y tratando de comer las cosas que sean light or fat free y me a dado resultado ya e bajado 27 libras en solo un mes....estoy feliz por eso.....anciosa claro por ver cuanto puedo bajar y agradeciendo la ayuda de todas ustedes y sus comentarios.....al fin hay un Forum para personas caribenas como nosotrras...suerte...y sabes que puedes contar con migo cuidate...
Most Active
Recent Topics
id de bariatricos
kriss08 · 0 replies · 790 views
Hola novata in tha house
ilia123 · 0 replies · 6752 views
Surgery in PR with Medicare???
needledreams · 0 replies · 6997 views
Sleeve for $ 5,200
jgonzalez74 · 1 replies · 7342 views
Lap Band in Peru
Rachel F. · 0 replies · 7420 views