Monday Weigh-In (October, 17th)

Ana_1978
on 10/16/11 11:47 pm - Canada
Hey Everyone!

I know I haven't been around, but life has been pretty crazy with work and school. To make things worse, I was stuck in a 3 week-stall! VERY discouraging! Now, the stall is finished, the pounds are coming off and life is good again! So it's time for a Before and During picture! Nothing more encouraging than that! The first picture was taken in March 2011 and the other one was taken last month.

I can't wait to hear from you guys, specially from our newest members of the losers bench: Anne and Monica!

Have a great week!

Ana

StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

mtl_chick
on 10/17/11 12:48 am - Canada
Hi,

I had a good week weight wise. Lost another 4 pounds.
In part due to not being aloud to eat for 2 days when having test done on kidney. I find out tomorrow if the stones are all gone. Or if anything else will need to be done.

Ana - I hear you on the stall it's very discouraging and makes me want to stay away from here. But that's when I think we need to rely on each other even more.
You look amazing.  What a change. Keep up the great job.

Cindy

HW 352 SW 328              
cloudless
on 10/17/11 1:07 am - Gatineau, QC, Canada
VSG on 10/16/12
 Hi Everyone!

Ana - You are doing great!  Thanks for posting pictures - it's my favourite part of this site, to see the amazing transformations that happen to keep me encouraged while on the sidelines.  Totally inspiring!

Cindy - You have done really well too when I see your ticker - congrats on this, its quite an accomplishment.  I know you are experiencing a bit of a stall - can I ask, what is Dr. Atlas' thoughts on when to do RNY (I think I recall you mentioning this...)  like at what point does he suggest a second surgery? Is it a percentage he looks at combined with time since surgery?  Does Dr. Atlas set your goal weight, and is it based on what's 'normal' on BMI index?

Just curious - Dr. Atlas will be my surgeon as well.

Thanks,

Elena

Isabelle D.
on 10/17/11 5:16 am - Gatineau, Canada

Hello,
I had Dr. Atlas too and he is actually wonderful at answering all your questions via email at : [email protected]. He usually answers within 2 days.

They have told me that you can lose up to 2 years even 3. He also likes for you to write to him every month and let him know how much you lost. He hasn't told me if he set up a goal for me. When I wrote to him once saying I hadn't lost in a few months he did calculate the percentage of fat that I had lost and said that I had lost 64% of my excess weight and that was very good. So I guess that is how he calculates it.

Don't be afraid to write to him!

Good luck!

mtl_chick
on 10/18/11 1:25 am - Canada
HI Elena,

My last appointment with Dr. Atlas we discussed the RNY again. He usually waits until 18 - 24 months after the VSG and if you have not lost a high enough percentage. He will suggest the second part.
I had the results of the x-rays with me and he said that my sleeve was big so he wants to do it again. Instead of the RNY. I have lost a good percentage but because it's still big I don't have as much restriction anymore and might regain some of it.
Also he did not set an actual goal for me but he said that the "ideal" weight was not a reachable goal but that he did expect me to loose a little more.

CIndy
      HW 352 SW 328              
grafiminou
on 10/17/11 5:58 am - montreal, Canada
Looking great, Ana!

For my part, the second week post-VSG went really well and I've managed to lose another 5.4 lbs.

Cheers all,

Monica

islandqueen38
on 10/17/11 8:29 am
WOW SEXY GIRL. LOVE IT
DORIS QC.

Gabriella21
on 10/17/11 9:27 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hola Ana...you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And everyone else...you are all doing great and are an inspiration to me!!
Can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...soon my time will come too!

Hugs to all,
Ada
Ana_1978
on 10/17/11 9:50 am, edited 10/19/11 7:21 pm - Canada
 Thanks, guys, it's always amazing to hear that our hard work is worth it. I can only hope you will also experience this amazing feeling as soon as possible!

Hang in there Ada and Elena: your time will come before you know it!

Way to go, Cindy, I'll try not eating for 2 days when I hit my next stall, I'm sure that will break it! (just kidding) Hope you are stone free now!

Wow, Monica, it's going pretty fast! Enjoy every minute of it!

What about our little get together? Is it gonna happen?

Ana
StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

Spezza_Fan
on 10/18/11 1:59 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi Everyone,
Congrats on everyone's continued success.

Ana - Your kreeping up to your goal girl. Keep it up! 

Monica - Isn't it incredible how little food we need to survive and still we manage to lose weight? 

Cindy - Congrats on the 4 pounds even though you had to suffer for them. Like they always say no pain no gain! Keep it up.

As for me, I'm still around but not chatting much. I'm down from 406.6 to 265.4 so a loss of 141.2 pounds!  CRAZY!!! The weight is still coming off but much slower now. Some days I still have to remind myself to stay away from the bad foods because the bad habits try to creep back in. You just have to stick to the plan. I'm 45 pounds from my goal and I really want to hit it.

Keep up the great work everyone! 

I'm glad you guys are all doing so great! 

Derek
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Most Active