My Surgerversery!!!!!

Amanda J.
on 8/18/12 7:12 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
 Hello everyone,I hope everyone is doing well,TODAY is my 1 year anniversary or Surgerversery,yes last year on august 18th i was sleeved,it was the beggining of a new chapter in my life and i dont regret my decision,it was the best decision i ever made,i also have a very serious brain condition and have had over 50 brain and back surgerys in the past 3 years,my doctors alwsys said that loosing weight would help my condition,d garneau and my other doctors and i were all hoping it would possibly cure my condition,Unfortunatly it did not cure my cobdition but it did help me recover from my brain or back surgeries,we are not sure if it will ever be cured with weight loss,as it has never been proven,with loosing weight i have gotten rid of my borderline diabetes,im more active and i dont loose my breath after climbing 3 stairs,I will be completly honest this year has not always been easy i am a picky ester and im still learning what i can and cant est and what i should and what i should not est,ive made lots of mistakes and seeing those around me eat everything and anything was hard,for a while i had the mentality that my stomach is small i can eat anything just a small amount(including sweets ect).but ive realized that is so wrong,ive hit a plateau and been stuck,and ive realized where my mistakes lie and what i need to do better,i had trouble eating protein so wuth the recomondation of a member on hee i got the protein shakes from costco,and i ty to drink one each day even though i dont alwsys but im trying and also now my mother is having her sleeve on thursday so she will start this jourbey with me,im super excited that we will be doing it together,and i sort of feel that ive taken some steps back but like they say when you fall down get back up dust yourself off and dtart again,so i am ive  learnt what 

Amanda J.
on 8/18/12 7:24 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
cont.... whst i should and should not do,ive akso joined a gym across the street which is a 24 hour gym,i have a few restrictions nut im going to work around tgem,SO MY QUESTION TO ALL OF UOU IS:to the members who have been sleeved 6 monthsago and morevdo u have any advise fir me on foods,snacks and workibg out?like i said i did not loose any weight in the padt few months so niw im trying to jump start it again if that makes any sense,i was told my metabolism has sliwed down and my body is used to me not eating much,so dose anyone have any tips on how to help my metabolism?also i told my momwhen she goes thru the eating stage after surgery i will try to follow and eat like her to motivate her,is tjis a bad idea fir me to go back to the first dtages after the operation?Another quedtion for thise sleeved a while ago,should i drink my protein shake before or after working out?I m sorry about the long message but i do love this website because i xan ask quextions to tjose who have been or going through the same thing,So last yesr at this time i was 240 pounds today i am 172 pounds,i used to wear a 2X @Shirt now im anywherefrom a large -XLarge(sometimes medium depending the matterial)i used to wear a size 18-20 from plus sizestores for pants and now im a 14,ive noticed iv lost inches as im throwing away(donating)my clothes and buying some new clothes,thanks to everyone for your help anddupport,and thank you for answering my qyestions,I cant wait to meet some of you at the next meeting,ill be there with my mother,have a great weekend everyone:)

Bellybgone
on 8/23/12 6:56 am
 Congratulations!!!!

You should be very proud of all you hard work!!  Glad to hear that it has helped you in so many ways, and hoping more to come!

I am still pre op so can`t offer much advice, my surgery is in 5 days..  but wanted to congratulate you on your great work!!! :)

Amanda J.
on 8/24/12 10:37 am - St-Laurent, Canada
 cool what procedure are you having done?which hospital are you doing it at

enibas2
on 9/7/12 12:23 pm - Canada
Good! I know how it feel. I do miss my nice piece of bread when i am hungry. But i like to know wich meeting you guys talking ??? Please answer me back!

Amanda J.
on 9/7/12 8:44 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
 we have support meetings each month in montreal,ville st laurent to be exact,there a nessage with all the dates?are u far from vill st laurent?

enibas2
on 9/8/12 6:29 am - Canada
No i am just in Laval. Can i come even if my surgery was in Royal vic?

damonalisa
on 9/10/12 6:04 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13
Everyone is welcome at the meeting, no matter which hospital you are connected with.  I have not been in a while as I just had a baby girl, but I will try to make the next one.  
enibas2
on 9/10/12 10:34 am - Canada
 is the meeting with Jennifer Schults ???? 
if so I do have the schedule Royal vic gave it to me. 
Thanks 

Most Active