Had my surgury yesterday

Amyms
on 2/19/13 9:09 am - Val-Des-Monts, Canada

A couple questions for those that have had theirs. #1 how long where you in pain & #2 which diet did you follow in the 1st month?

Gabriella21
on 2/19/13 11:26 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi and congrats on your surgery...

My surgery was one year ago and to answer your questions:

1) I had 2 types of pain. Gas pain that I felt in my back/shoulder area and that lasted about a week or so. The second type of pain was pain while in bed and trying to move around in my belly. That lasted a good 2 weeks. It does get better and pretty quickly too.

2) I followed the diet from Sacre Coeur Hospital pretty much to a T...worked well for me. When I'd try new foods, if it didn't sit well I'd wait and try it again a few weeks later.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Amyms
on 2/19/13 10:52 pm - Val-Des-Monts, Canada

Thanks Gabriella - i had mine at Rockland - and the back shoulder pain is terrible I am happy that it is only in my shoulder now but stomach pain is so strange I feel like I have the worst hunger pain ever but I am not hungry and boy I am tired.

I am feeling better already but wow did I feel like crap like I made a terrible mistake

Barbara_journey
on 2/19/13 11:00 pm - Canada

Congrats and welcome to the losers bench!

I had pain for 2-3 days then I was fine, went back to work after 7 days.. everyone is different and pace yourself...

Make sure to take your acid pills, acid can give you a feeling of hunger...

I also followed the sacre coeur diet, clear liquids, then liquids, then puree's then finely chopped... ect.. don't rush anything, you have all the time in the world to get to know your new stomach!

Amyms
on 2/20/13 12:14 am - Val-Des-Monts, Canada

thanks for the info Barbara

Most Active