Bougie size with Dr. Court

Curves-r-us
on 11/2/13 8:07 am
Hello to all!
I was just wondering what bougie size dr. Court uses for his sleeves. Also, do you know if he uses the same size for a sleeve only as he would for a ds?

Thanks!

(Fyi: i have my orientation on november 29!
starlightlu
on 11/2/13 8:24 pm - Canada

Great question! I know his standard bougie size for a DS is a 60 french which is a little on the large side but curious to know from the sleevers how large their bougie is

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

justpete
on 11/2/13 9:41 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

I cant recall the exact number he told me, but it was in the range of 40-46 and they said it was over-sewn tight.  And trust me, that is plenty of restriction even 7 months out.  I feel bad for the people who get smaller ones ... other than increased risk of complications early out ... it must be really hard to eat a balanced meal.  even at 7 months out, i struggle with vegetables and getting enough fiber.  2-3 brocoli flowerets or a few baby carrots added to my meal and i'm over-full. I can do 1/3 of a sm pita bread, or 1/4 bagel ... any more and its uncomfortable. leafy salad are out of the question most days because i end up not being able to meet my protein goals if i have one.

but remember, even with what i've said above ... the size really doesnt matter.  it's what and how you learn to eat in those first few months that make the difference.  I rarely eat to the point where i'm stuffed (salads are the only real exception) ... i pre-measure and weigh everything and have learned to be satisfied rather than full.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Curves-r-us
on 11/2/13 11:21 pm
Thanks for the info, starlightlu and justpete.
I glad you mentioned portions you eat, justpete. I was curious about that, as well.
claudiaes
on 11/21/13 11:32 am - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13
I just had my sleeve done on monday and I asked him and the sizes he uses for his sleeves is the same for the ds, the bougie size is 60, which I think is pretty big but when you check online the differences in suze is not that big, time will tell I guess.

Most Active