I got my date!!!! It's my turn .

Kelley_girl123
on 2/7/14 8:10 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

After over three years,  my time is approaching.    Blood work all done,  apnea test done,   Results all good, :-).   Admissions called me on Wednesday and my surgery date is March 18th, 2014.     I was over the moon when they called.        I went to get my idealfast shakes today to start pre-op diet on Monday.   Really made it real for me,  am so nervous and I hope to fly through the five weeks of shakes and vegies.    :-).       

Wish me luck guys.    Am sooo happy and cannot wait to take my seat on the loser's bench.   

Xoxo xoxo

matha66
on 2/8/14 5:43 am - Montreal, Canada

Congrats & good luck.....just wondering why 5 weeks of shakes, my understanding was 2wks, just curious.

Kelley_girl123
on 2/8/14 6:07 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

The amount of time on the shakes is based on ur bmi.    

:-).   Tnks.  :-). N

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/8/14 7:14 am - Canada

Congrats!!! Let us know how it goes :)

claudiaes
on 2/19/14 10:55 pm - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

congrats and best of luck! 

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/20/14 1:08 pm - Canada

How come your weight was so long? I was estimAated 18 months.

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/21/14 5:46 am - Canada

Uhhh wait. Freudian slip!

DanielaGiron
on 2/21/14 3:38 am - Canada
VSG on 12/09/13

Congrats, I remember when I got the call very exciting :).... I had 4 weeks liquid diet and the time flew by.... Now I'm almost 11 weeks post-op :)

Kelley_girl123
on 2/21/14 8:31 pm - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

Thanks everyone.    I am now almost 2 weeks i to my pre-op liquid diet.   The first week was tough but am now just going with the flow.    The shakes and vegies are getting a little boring but I try to mix things up often.   I love making the vanilla shakes with crushed ice in the magic bullet-  it comes out like ice cream and i eat it with a spoon.    Yummmmy.         Some days are harder than others but I keep telling myself I need to do this for myself,  it will make suregery so much easier.    

I know I have lost some weight since This started so that also keeps my head up.   :-)

i will be having surgery at Sacre-Coeur.   If you can,  please let me know what I should e pect once I arrive surgery day.     Am sooooo nervous but ready. 

How are you doing now that u are 11 weeks out?     :-).   

DanielaGiron
on 2/21/14 10:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 12/09/13

I'm doing great!! Although my weight kiss is super slow, wish I got big numbers, I was weighing in at 279 @6 weeks post op and now @ 11weeks I'm at 255lbs... But I just tell myself that at least it's a lost :)

Most Active