RVH wait time?

Curves-r-us
on 6/13/14 8:27 pm

Hi!

I'm just kind of feeling frustrated as the 1 year mark has just passed from sending my initial consult, and no surgery date.  I was called in for my pre-op last month but no news since.  Everyone i know who went through RVH had their surgery done by the one year mark.  I called the secretary and was told the doc chooses who goes when.  i totally understand that there may be more urgent cases than mine, but....  I guess i'm just feeling sorry for myself! LOL!

Any insight as to what's going on at the Vic? Anyone else going through this?

Thanks for listening to my whine!

justpete
on 6/14/14 12:44 am
VSG on 04/02/13

if you did your pre-op testing a month ago .. you should mention that to them.  It's only valid for a certain time before surgery date.  i'm talking about the blood tests, meeting with anesthesiologist, ECG, xray, etc.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Haggisboy
on 6/20/14 9:00 pm

Somebody I know waited 3 years for bariatric surgery at one of the French hospitals. She was convinced it was because she has an English name, but in reality, to look at her pre-op, she wasn't obese. I think she just kept getting bumped in favor of more serious candidates. 

Curves-r-us
on 6/20/14 9:16 pm

I was thinking that might be a reason. I'm a lightweight with 'only' apprx 100lbs to lose. Seeing as how i did my preop last month, i was thinking/ hoping it was soon. I met with dr. Court in february.... 

Most Active