Home from surgery

CarolinaGirl270
on 2/7/11 11:31 pm
I got home yesterday. Things went well. I only have a vein that is hurting and swollen from the IV but I'm taking things slow. I have only taken my Lortab once and that was only to help me sleep since I'm propped up on the couch. I'm looking forward to feeling better soon so I can post more but I'm just taking time to sip, sip, sip.

Lap-band placed August 2006, Lap-band removed September 2010.
Revision to RNY gastric bypass.
--Stephanie --   

Takerslove
on 2/7/11 11:47 pm - Reading, PA
Congrats on coming home! I could not wait till I got home. Take it slow the first few days are not much fun, but I am 8 days out and tonight I am going to a friends house to play board games. So, you will be back on your feet and having fun in no time!
Gastric Bypass Jan 31,2011
Hystrectomy October 2006

doty_guy
on 2/7/11 11:58 pm
 Congrats! I had mine on 1 Feb and yesterday was the first day that I really woke up and felt pretty normal again. Each day I woke up feeling better than the day before. Along with your sip,sip,sip make sure you walk, walk, walk. lol

Good luck and God bless!

Guy

HW-352                        SW-326                        GW-160                       CW-221
1MO- 298                     4MO-243                       7MO-                          10MO-  
2MO- 280                     5MO-224                       8MO-                           11MO-
3MO- 257                     6MO-221                       9MO-                              1YR- 
MORBID           SEVERE           OBESE           OVERWEIGHT           NORMAL                       
Jedene F.
on 2/8/11 12:19 am - Oneonta, NY
Welcome home....  It gets better - just take things one day at a time!

ORIGINAL: HW 318.2; SW 295.0; LW 158.6
RECOMMIT: RGW 220.8; CW 206.2; GW 158

youthmom
on 2/8/11 12:21 am
 Welcome home...sip sip walk walk ....the best advice I can give you!  Oh and rest in between...glad you are home and doing good!
wufpackerfan
on 2/8/11 12:34 am, edited 2/8/11 12:34 am - Garner, NC
Yeah! Congrats...Glad to hear that you're home, doing well. Yep, my co-worker said that sleeping presented a slight problem for him after his RNY and he just tried to prop himself up in bed for a few days with extra pillows to keep from being in pain. He said after a few days he felt better and was able to sleep fairly normal though.

I'm right behind you on the surgery schedule...mine is March 2nd. Yes, please do post how you're doing when you feel like it. I can understand that you just want to rest and recoup right now though.

We'll have to compare notes on what you took with you to the hospital for your overnight stay. I have to confess that I've not started thinking about that yet. So some tips would be helpful from someone who's been through it. Take care! Hope you're feeling so much better in no time.

-d

"Nothing tastes as GOOD and being HEALTHY FEELS!" 

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

shutterbugjunkie
on 2/8/11 3:08 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
So glad to hear everything went well & that you're home now! Keep in touch! We had our surgeries on the same day!
Ann S.
on 2/8/11 3:57 am - FL
Welcome home! I'm 5 days out myself, taking it slow, sip sip, walk walk, sleep sleep. Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery too!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers    

DogNamedBill
on 2/8/11 4:56 am - PA
Welcome home! The first week after surgery was tough, but it does get better every day!

Kelly in PA
*Was dx'd with MS in 1993

Koko10
on 2/8/11 5:10 am - NC
Congratulations, I had my surgery a week ago today. Here is my advice, don't do too much! I agree with everyone, sip, sip, and walk, walk. I walked 2-5 minutes every hour for the first 5 days. Today, I am taking short walks outside. I learned from a good friend that you don't want to over do it. Her intestines got twisted and she had to have them straightened a few weeks after surgery. Take care and rest, even when you feel like your normal self.
Most Active
Recent Topics