pain at my waistline just to the left of my belly button

shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 2:23 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
Starting last night, I've developed a pain at my waistline just to the left of my belly button. I'm 9 days post-op. Any ideas on what this could possibly be? The area's not red or tender. Please help!
  SW/258.5 Surgery Weight/249 CW/149.5 GW/140

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 2:31 am
Were you a revision? If not I would say call your doc just be on the safe side.

If you are a revision from lap band it is possible that is where you port was removed. I had the pain (and still do a little) in the same place but I am a revision from LB
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 2:39 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
Nope, I'm not a revision. I'm a newbie RNY.

I do have my first follow-up visit scheduled for this Tuesday.

My incision from my drainage tube is a little to the left of there, and that's been hurting quite a lot, too. Starting last night, though, is when I started feeling the pain next to my belly button.
lynnc99
on 2/13/11 2:54 am
Left side pain post RNY is very common. The left side is where the deepest incisions go through muscle. I found myself having "twinges" for up to 6-8 weeks, and sometimes had to take tylenol for that reason.

However, if the pain is persistent or if you just want to double check, call your doctor tomorrow.
bananasoup
on 2/13/11 2:56 am - FL
I had the same pain and was told that although there are no incisions right there, that's where they went through the muscle with most of the instruments and there are stitches in the muscle there. It was my second-most painful spot.

HW/CW/GW    252/195/135
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 2:59 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
Thank you for the info! This puts my mind at ease a little, but I'll still definitely address it with my surgeon.
TonyPegel
on 2/13/11 5:03 am, edited 2/13/11 5:03 am - TN
 Same pain at that spot for weeks but at 8 weeks it's gone now.    No idea what it was. Probably not a big deal but can't hurt to mention at your next check-up. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics