The full feeling

TulipWife
on 8/26/11 9:43 am - Hillsboro, OR
I know when a person feels full it's because the body sends signals to the brain that it has had enough. Now, because of the RNY surgery and the drastic kind of cut that is done to the stomach, does the signal get confused? Or,Do you feel full early on after surgery? How does that all work itself out?
hlacy
on 8/26/11 10:11 am - Chandler, AZ
I have yet to get a sense of "fullness"...the only sign I have is the runny nose. Luckily I have not felt anything stuck yet, either!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 10:11 am - Santa Cruz, CA
For myself, I found I no longer had the same "full" feeling I used to have.  I learned to depend
upon my own "High Level Alarm", which signifies when your pouch is full.  I found that I would
begin to sniffle.  Once this happened, I quit eating.  I still do;  I rarely try to overeat because the
revenge of the pouch is definitely not a good experience.  Some folks get a runny nose, some
hiccup, others belch!  You'll learn your own signal and I hope for your sake you pay heed to it!

Best wishes!

cajungirl
on 8/26/11 10:31 am
I've felt full since immediately after surgery.  Some people do not get a signal until they start on dense foods.  Your signal may be hiccups, runny nose, sneezing or a full feeling.  I personally have a very different full feeling compared to pre-op and I rarely have gone beyond that feeling. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Dave Chambers
on 8/26/11 10:38 am - Mira Loma, CA
Each post op has some difference with this issue. It's best to measure your foods, as per protocol, to avoid overeating.  I remember the "liquid version" of this issue. I took several gulps of an iced tea on a hot summer day, about 3 months post op. As soon as I'd done this, I realized the error. It grabbed for a small trashcan by my chair immediately. The liquid came back up like a "wave" , luckily ending in trashcan.  Some feel the fullness, othes do not.  Measure your food, cut into small pieces, chew well, eat slow, and there should be minimal issues, if any. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 10:56 am - FL
I can tell you for me it is when I start to feel that the food is backing up (it really isn't at that point usually).  But as my surgeon says, you can go from eating fine to full in one bite so as soon as you feel full or that everything isn't going down well, stop.  Stay with the protocols they gave you on type and quantity and you'll be just fine.  Also, don't be afraid of leaving your food on your plate regardless of how much or how little you have eaten.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 278 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views