Calorie Free Walden Farms

krs1976
on 8/1/12 7:23 am
Has anybody ever tried the Walden Farms products?  I went on their website and they have calorie/sugar free peanut butter, jam, salad dressing, etc.  It seems too good to be true so before I waste money I just wanted to see if anybody else had tried them.  Thanks
237/231/143/140                                  RNY: 8/8/11
HW/SW/CW/GW

jazzycatz
on 8/1/12 7:40 am - Joppa, MD
I have had a few of their items. Overall I give them an "Eh". The salad dressing I tried wasn't bad. Unfortunately I can't remember which one that was at the moment. I feel like it was some sort of poppy seed one.

I tried the raspberry jam and that went in the tra**** wasn't the taste on that one so much it was the texture. It was just too...hard to describe really. It was like canned cranberry sauce but a thicker, denser texture. The taste was mediocore but good enough to eat it if I had gotten past the texture. I had to kiss that $4 goodbye.

I use sugar free Smucker's now and that's pretty tasty. Salad dressing I am pretty much using a lemon wedge at this point. Cheap, easy to find, taste great and low calorie. 

Overall I found them to be not worth it to me. 

GraceGirl
on 8/1/12 7:46 am
I like the honey mustard dressing

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

jazzycatz
on 8/1/12 7:55 am - Joppa, MD
Thank you! Honey mustard is the one I liked! I don't know where I was getting poppy seed.  I used it for a dipping sauce with my baked chicken for awhile.

And my husband reminded me that I also liked the seafood sauce with my shrimp. I forgot because I make my own with SF ketchup and horseradish now but it was good.   
jujubee4224
on 8/1/12 8:25 am
RNY on 04/09/12
I have several Walden Farms items. I love, love, love their calorie free pancake syrup. And my husband loves it too (he's pretty picky). It is thick and tastes like the real deal. I like their ****tail sauce, ranch dressing, etc. About the only Walden Farm product I wasn't especially fond of was the strawberry sauce, it was like cranberry sauce. But it tasted good. If you live near an Ingles grocery store, they sell a full line of Walden Farms products and they are 3.29 each. A much better value than ordering online.

bugsmommy
on 8/1/12 8:28 am
Salad dressing is okay to good.....Alfredo sauce is yucky. I haven't tried anything else.

Cherie
BluIzGal
on 8/1/12 11:14 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12
The marshmallow type thing and apple butter went in the garbage. The chocolate sauce and BBQ sauces weren't bad. The BBQ sauces were on the runny side but good for dipping.

Ladytazz
on 8/1/12 12:56 pm
I've tried a lot of them and the only one I could stand was the hot and spicy BBQ sauce.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.