I have a date yippy! But now the worry is terrible

Kendra C.
on 1/7/13 8:25 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
I am new to the site but found it doing my "homework" on gastric bypass. I had my appointment today in Frankfurt. We are currently stationed here in case you are wondering . My problem is now that I have a date and a high probability of being approved, I am completely nervous. I believe I am not the only one who has gone through this or is going through this now. HELP!
April M.
on 1/7/13 8:42 am - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13
I totally understand the anxiety. I was approved in under a week and my surgery date is March 11, 2013. I am excited and nervous about the changes. I wonder if I will be able to stick to the diet. I worry if I will have the success that many people on this site have had. I worry that I will be one of those who can stick to the program and end up with poor results. I just keep reminding myself that my nerves will settle, hundreds of people do this every day. I am committed to getting the most of this tool to improve my health. It will be ok, if I wasn't nervous then I'd be worried ya know? Best of luck. We will get through this. We can do anything we put our minds to.
Kendra C.
on 1/7/13 9:13 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
I am totally with you. I have made a mission I suppose to find out just about every little detail about the procedure. Here in Germany it is very strange but I have a wonderful surgeon (I have been checking), but it seems fairly easy as far as I got to pick when I felt I was ready for the surgery, but I am nervous about staying in the hospital a week in a foreign country. I guess I didn't think it would bother me before. I was informed today to start 10 days prior on full liquids to help the both of us. I'm thinking 10 days of liquids!?! I will admit I am nervous and excited. I want to use the tool to help me and realize it didn't take me 6 months to a year to put it on weight wise, so I will be patient
Good luck to you and your family with the lucky March date!
Careecans9801
on 1/7/13 8:45 pm - cohocton, NY

I understand the worry! My date has been set for about 3 weeks now and ever since I have set the date (jan 14th) my head has done nothing but spin. I worry about everything. The only thing I can say that has helped me is knowing that in the end I will be much happier with myself. I pray everyday that I am making the right decision and that I don't have any complications. You will be fine. Just keep positive!!!

Surgery Date 1/14/13

Gilly68
on 1/7/13 9:43 pm - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

I think that we all felt the same way! After all the hard work and months of jumping through hoops to get approved, once I had my scheduled surgery date, I was so nervous about it! I posted here about it only to find that everyone else had felt the same way. Just know that it is normal....and soon you will be on the other side of it and beginning your journey!