Thank you all for posting positive!

VintageChick
on 5/13/13 11:48 am
I've researched WLS for 10+ years and realize that many post negative because they have questions or concerns... most are certainly valid and worthwhile posts. It's not all sunshine and roses. However, as a pre-op scheduled for surgery in about 36 hours, I just want to say I also appreciate those taking the time to write positive posts... NSVs, before/afters, great recipes, excellent advice - all great reading!!!

Something happened recently that's had me seriously questioning my decision for WLS, and the positive posts here are just what I need right now!!! Reading and re-reading them are helping me to keep the pre-op panic somewhat contained.

I'm scared of both short-term and long-term complication and think that's pretty normal. I just need to keep calm for another few hours, then it'll be over and I'll be ready to focus on the work of losing the weight!
cajungirl
on 5/13/13 12:22 pm
Good luck with your surgery. Feel confident in your decision and surgeon.

I hope you took pictures and your measurements they really help keep things in perspective.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

MyLady Heidi
on 5/13/13 12:25 pm

Good luck with your surgery, it was the best thing I ever did for myself, and hopefully in a few weeks you will feel the same.  It's an amazing journey, enjoy the ride.

65rosesmom
on 5/13/13 12:36 pm

I know the leap into surgery is a scary one, but I have yet to meet another RNY grad who would have chosen to go back and not do the surgery.   I was so scared before I went in, but this experience has been far better than I ever could have imagined.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/13/13 1:03 pm
It is the best gift I have ever given myself.
Good luck, take care, and keep us posted.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

dasie
on 5/13/13 8:36 pm
Best wishes fir a fast recovery and great success!

MultiMom
on 5/13/13 9:57 pm - NH

THAT is why many of us have stuck around for years and years after the weight loss has stopped! Others were there for us and (at least me) want to 'give back'. You may (I didn't) have a little "buyers remorse" after surgery. For most it is just a short period of time when you have that "Holy sh*#, what have I done" feeling. I assure you that if you do have it, it will pass!! You have done your research, go forward and be a loser kiss.

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

glad2balive
on 5/13/13 11:55 pm

GOOD LUCK! I will be praying for you. Remember to pack a pillow for the ride home and for the walks up and down the hall. Sip, sip, sip! CONGRATS!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

martitalinda
on 5/14/13 12:36 am

Best wishes on your big day coming up!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

VintageChick
on 5/14/13 5:35 am
Thank you all : )
Whirlwind day today. Pre-registration done, surgery 0730 in the morning. Hungry and scared, but happy! My waddle-when-I-walk days are almost over...
Most Active
Recent Topics