Ok. I've held off posting buyer's remorse until now...

Misty Morgan
on 5/21/13 4:57 pm - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
It gets better! I had buyers remorse the first week. I initially had a six day hospital stay because of my pain control and because I was not drinking much. They finally discharged me and I became extremely dehydrated very quickly. My husband came home from work to see me still lying the same position he left me. The pain was out of control so he took me to the ER where I was admitted for another two nights. Finally, I turned a corner there and began to drink and have some soup.

It hasn't been easy for me. I am four weeks out and still sore but getting better each day. I am about 90% better for the most part. It's a hard surgery and not all of us can get through it easily. Just one day at a time and eventually you'll feel good each time you step on the scale or shop for new clothes!

honestlinzel
on 5/21/13 6:06 pm - CA
I understand how you feel. I am 5.5 weeks out and let me tell you, I am pretty sick still. I throw up 50% of the time, I am constantly nauseous. I really don't ever have an appetite, and I am constantly tired. I've had to go to the ER twice now. Yesterday being one of them. At this point I am also having buyers remorse. I feel like my first 2 weeks I did awesome and went down hill from there.

However, people keep telling me it gets better. I can only listen to them and hope that it does.

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

sookietina83
on 5/22/13 8:43 am - Germany
I asked my doctor for nausea medicine it helped with my throw up. Look into it.
VintageChick
on 5/22/13 10:47 am
Mine sent me home with some, too. I agree about calling your doc!
honestlinzel
on 5/22/13 9:03 pm - CA
On May 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM Pacific Time, sookietina83 wrote:
I asked my doctor for nausea medicine it helped with my throw up. Look into it.

I have a prescription for some, I just HATE that I have to take medicine for everything now. I guess I will go get it filled tomorrow :(

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

Silverbelle69
on 5/21/13 8:09 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

I was in and out of the hospital for the first 3 months with complications.  I was down too.  But never ever lose hope!!!  You WILL look back on this time as a rough patch that you conquered.  We are all so much stronger than we realize.  Hang in there!

Lessoflinda
on 5/21/13 9:01 pm - NY

Hang in there.....

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

VintageChick
on 5/21/13 9:45 pm
Oh my gosh, thank you ALL so much! I did not expect so much support. It makes me cry just reading these posts knowing that I am not alone in this.

I'm determined to make today a better day mentally even if I can't make it better physically. Every time I start to feel down, I am going to return to this thread, choose a post, read and reread it, knowing that that person has gone through this surgery and survived, and then taken the time to encourage me, a perfect stranger, through my own rough time.

You are all appreciated more than you can know!

martitalinda
on 5/21/13 10:44 pm

Hang in there ... it does get better.  I had a lengthy recovery period and had to go on short term disability following a post-op complication on day 2 that landed me in back in the OR and a week stay in SICU... I was a mess and so full of buyers remorse it was not even funny.  I can relate to how you feel .. I felt so sick and the pain meds made me even sicker.    My friends who went a week or so ahead of me or behind me were all thriving and doing fine and I could barely walk ... came back to work after being out for 3 months and had a syncopal episode and landed right back in the hospital for another week.  I could barely make it to the bathroom by myself and standing and sitting were a chore ..  I used a recliner for months I just could not get into bed it was almost impossible ... I used to sit there and just bawl when no one could hear me ... the secretions oozing into my ileostomy bag burned and broke down my skin so bad I would scream I was so weak and dizzy and nauseous all the time and had this horrible taste in my mouth all the time I was miserable.... but it got a little bit better each and every day ... The first time I got on the treadmill I was on the lowest speed for a couple minutes and thought I had walked around the world and back I was exhausted and drained.  Then one day I woke up and could not believe I was feeling healthy and strong and could barely recollect my ordeal.  Today I can say honestly that I would do it all over again even with a different choice surgery if I had the option because the reward is greater than the pain and discomfort.  HANG IN THERE!!! YOU CAN DO THIS.... One day at a time my beautiful beautiful sista on the journey!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Ocalasam
on 5/22/13 1:27 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I didn't ever have buyers remorse, but I had a smooth recovery.  However, the first month you really don't feel good at all.  After about a month you start feeling like yourself again and after 2 or 3 months, you start having some significant weight loss and being able to fit into clothes you haven't worn in years and by month 4 or 5 everyone is telling you how good you look!  You are also carrying around significantly less weight by then also and feel so much better . . . and it just keeps getting better from there.  Seriously, the first month is nothing but downs and huge adjustments - get through that and you are golden and can start reaping the rewards!!!  It gets so much better - although it's hard to see it when you are feeling bad )-:  You will do great!  I can't wait to read your posts in a few months about how great you feel and how great you look!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 513 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 402 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 6 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics