Woman problems.

Jen75
on 9/17/13 12:41 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
Please help! I am missing my ibprofin sooo much. I have crippling period cramps. It hurts from front to back. I have used a heating pad, put on icy hot on both sides and taken Tylonal (completely useless!) and I am still in a world of pain. I can handle all the other restrictions of this surgery, but not being able to take NSAIDs during my period may be the death of me. I am starting to wish for early menopause! I cant sleep i hurt so much. Any suggestions to get through this would be greatly appreciated!
grmadeb01
on 9/17/13 12:56 pm - FL

I have been using essential oils from do-terra for most of medical needs now, they are 100% certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, these are. I would suggest using clary sage during that time of the month.

this company has single oils and special copy righted blends they they have made for specific ailments, i use past tense for tension and stress headaches,

just a suggestion, have a great day

debby

Jen75
on 9/17/13 12:59 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
I am willing to try anything. Do they have a website? Thanks for the info.
JenniPenny
on 9/17/13 12:59 pm - MN

Check with your doctor but mine allows Nsaids - but not as early out as you are. I waited until 6 months maybe? before I took it. I wanted to be healed up inside. My doc allows them on a full stomach, and for short periods of time- cramps, after dental work or pulled muscle, etc. I've taken them as a post op for 11 yrs and have no problems. Many of us don't. Tylenol doesn't work for most of us as our pain involves inflammation. Check with your surgeon or regular doc but most of us take Advil with no problems as long as we don't over do it. (I've also had a previous ulcer and have no problem with gelcaps -which my doc recommends for post op wls patients).

Jen 12 yrs post op RNY

Jen75
on 9/17/13 1:10 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
Thanks, I can only hope my doc clears me for NSAIDs in 6 months.
poet_kelly
on 9/18/13 1:04 am - OH

NSAIDS are no safer after six months than they are right after RNY.  The ASMBS recommends avoiding them forever.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/17/13 9:42 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

My doctor suggested Flexeril and Vicodin and I take as needed during my period now.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Jen75
on 9/17/13 10:15 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
I have a month before I see my doctor at the RNY office again. I will have to ask him then. I know it doesn't pay to talk to my regular PCM about it. He is a military doc that has the suck it up and deal with it mentality and isn't big on prescribing meds for pain. Plus he has no understanding of the RNY surgery and restrictions on certain meds and why. I just try to avoid him altogether.
Most Active
Recent Topics